ZipTorrent 1.3.4.0

ZipTorrent is a small and optimized BitTorrent client with big plans and a huge potential, developed using pure C++ by volunteers from around the planet. We want to make it simple for the average joe to join the growing world of file sharing, without relying on a central resource (Decentralized architecture).ZipTorrent has two things some of the clients here do not here: 1. An excellent (and very fast!) search facility, which allows you to also filter by seeders/leechers, torrent size, and so on. 2. A very nice multi-server IRC implementation that allows you to receive torrents automatically from bots or from other users. Besides that, many people who are considered very active within the BitTorrent community have reported that with ZipTorrent they get the fastest download speeds than with any other client, and I think that pretty much is what matters most! The rest is kinda moot since it pretty much does what all the other clients do, looks great, takes very little memory, and so on.ZipTorrent uses the opensource libtorrent, created by Arvid Norberg (http://libtorrent.sf.net) .

| SOURCE | SCREENSHOT | DOWNLOAD | DEVELOPER |

Just gave this a run. If this is any indication of what i think, then so be it. It's my new client :p What a prog, doesn't even use any amount of resources worth commenting on. and the rss feeds + search just make it even better. Thanks for the heads up on this.

gonna try it once my downloads in botcomet are done. anyone else tried it please comment.

ps. what with all the decentralizations, guess exeem started the trend, now this and official implementations.

The download link you provided and the download link in the official website lead to version v1.3.2!

Where can I get 1.3.4 from?

VidER

The download link you provided and the download link in the official website lead to version v1.3.2!

VidER

585964772[/snapback]

On the ziptorrent site it says that it will automatically update within the next hour, so just install 1.3.2 and it will update later :)

Liking this so far :yes:

VidER

585964772[/snapback]

1.3.4. version is downloaded automatically when you install 1.3.2 . :)

I spoke with either the creator of this or a dev (slider'm) in the irc chat and apparently there are a few sites that seem to show dead links in the search. This is a problem that is already being looked into.

Other than that, i've had no probs at all (and they aren't kidding when they claim faster speeds, i downloaded the same torrent twice, from the same site with the same amount of seeders and this connected + downloaded much faster than BitTornado.)

I'm very happy :wub:

Wow, this is a very nice program.

I "broadcatch" my TV shows with BitTorrent and RSS (well I did) and I've run into many people looking to do the same minus the complications of Azureus and setting up the RSS feed. This program, however, makes it all simple. I'm glad to see that it not only has the ability to set a catch rule on RSS, but IRC as well.

I wonder if running it with WINE would be out of the question. :-P

Edit: Oh wow! I totally didn't realize this program was open source. Perhaps someone will port it to Linux/OSX after all.

does it have an option to kill the torrent once the downloadi s done?

585966345[/snapback]

now why would you want to do that? :no: :no: :rolleyes:

Looks good! I just booted Azureus because I can't spell it and Java would take 99% of my resources when it was running! I used ABC to get the Systm ep and that worked well. I'll try this one now though.

I dunno if this will interest anyone (or even come as a surprise :p ) but you can add your own irc channels too (i'm new to irc so this seems cool to me.) and as i mentioned before about resources........it's unbelievable how little a footprint it has.

The memory footprint of this program is the best of any BT program I have tried. But, I think I am going to go back to BitComet because this is just too slow, it never went above 45Kb when BitComet went above 300Kb on the same torrent. I might try later versions, though, to see if it does get any better.