ZipTorrent 1.3.4.0

is there a way to turn off the decentralized architecture? While I love the client, and the little memory, one of the trackers I use bans users found using this.

Also, I entered my trackers' rss feed urls, and nothing showed up at all.

ZipTorrent 1.3.5.0 was just released.

585970501[/snapback]

Yeah....it updated as i was running it. how efficient was that? Closed for 3-4 secs and bang, right back into action.

Awesome, this is my new BT client :) The only thing they forgot to add is a update button. I know it auto updates but some people like "clicking a button" to update there programs.

havent tested it... hell i got 2 hds and i wanna choose where to save my sht... itll just use default folders... what if i have default at d: and have the space in g:, i have to change it? and what if i wanna dl something to desk? change it again? screw this o.o

First of all, i would like to introduce myself. Some of you have already talked to me on irc ( Makeshift Hammer), but most of you haven't, so I'm S1ider, part of ZipTorrent's dev team.

havent tested it... hell i got 2 hds and i wanna choose where to save my sht... itll? just use default folders... what if i have default at d: and have the space in g:, i have to change it? and what if i wanna dl something to desk? change it again? screw this o.o

585970940[/snapback]

Well, we already have this feature in File->Open->Torrent file (no default save). It's not the default method because we wanted to make it very simple to just start downloading stuff without having to deal with multiple dialogs on the way (especially when trying to drag multiple torrents onto ZT).

I would also like to note, that me and the rest of the dev crew (BtZoro) are usually online on irc and can always be contacted for help/bug reports/feature requests/etc.

(Though don't forget we are at GMT + 2:00 )

Hope you enjoy using the client!

edit: about the search not working, we are aware of this issue. yassu.com, the torrent portal that gives us the xml search api seems to be down... :no::

Edited by S1ider

I know, it is a little bit on the ugly side right now ( though some folks like as it is ).

Anyhow, I wanna ask you guys smtn - Since we've added an experimental UPnP NAT Traversal support in the latest version (1.3.5.0), it will be very helpfull if those of you who are connected via upnp enabled routers can please post their upnp logs (upnp_log.txt located in the ZipTorrent installation folder ) here, or send them to qball2[at}gmail{dot]com.

Thanks

here's my log file:

2005-May-27 01:19:58: Initializing UPNP interface

2005-May-27 01:19:58: UPNP Interface initialized

2005-May-27 01:19:58: Requesing Static Port Mapping collection

2005-May-27 01:19:58: Failed obtaining static port mapping collection

Do I have to open any ports or perform any port forwarding in order to speed up the download? Thanks

585975334[/snapback]

Yes, you have to open ports on your firewall/router that are set in the ZipTorrent preferences in order for you to obtain the maximum download speed possible.

pehaps promising, but a bit rude for now:

Ask the user if he wants to change the association. Don't do it without asking. Even darn IE would ask you about .html filetype if it wants to associate .html to itself.

Ask the user if he wants to put it in the startup. Don't do it without asking.

Keep up a good job anyway :)

I deleted the entry from HKLM/Run, but to my surprising it automatically re-register itself there.

I hate that. I immediately uninstalled everything.

However, it won't clean the entry in HKLM/Run while unintalling.

So you want to put it in the start up no matter what, even after I manually delete the entry? and then, it wont delete the entry in the start up even after I uninstall it totally?

Well I know quite a few programs are like that, but I dont like it anyway

Well, maybe can't be helped since it is still beta-ish or alpha-ish.

First of all I agree with SamN05, it's quite ugly :( . Mainly because it (for no reason that I can see) deviates from the default Windows interface. I'd much rather buttons without images, standard tabs and as few icons as possible. They take up less screen space and fit in with whatever Windows theme the user is running.

Secondly,I agree with Liisachan about adding itself to startup without asking. VERY annoying (but great if you want an army of zombie seeders :devil: )

Very low on resources though :yes:

One last thing, it says it's based on libtorrent, is Ziptorrent also open source? Couldn't find any information on the web site.

It's always great to have software devs on neowin talking to the users; the program looks nice- best of luck with future development :)

I'm not touching anything that doesn't have an IP filter like azureus

585981759[/snapback]

I'd say IP filters are BS :)

All *AA, if it's these you want to avoid, has to do is to scan from a public network. Voila :p If they do any sort of monitoring of the P2P communities, which I have no doubt they do to stay in touch with technologies, they're probably already aware of this and circumventing it that way.