Looking down on PS2

Hey,

I've been noticing a lot of negative energy(hehe) towards the PS2. You think that because most of the untrue PS2 games made by developers who cant program with the extremely complicated PS2 code. It can do a LOT MORE than what it can do now, a year later games like Gran Turismo 3 will look like games of the last generation, that's just how powerful it is, but I'm not saying it beats the XBox...I'm saying the Xbox is somewhat better - better none the less - because it's very easy to program for...thats why it's powers are shown off very very early. Capcom spent 3 and a half years studying the PS2 code and came up with an amazing game - Devil May Cry. It's downright the best console game right now. :lick: hehe. Ace Combat 4 is photorealistic...and it runs on the ps2 with 60 fps u ask? It does because they KNOW how to program for it. Thats a big disadvantage for the PS2. Imagine...how could a 300 Mhz CPU do Grand Theft Auto 3?? Because its totally different hardware from the PC. Xbox is basically a PC with an X mark on it, no offense. By the way, PS2 CAN anti-aliase. The Bouncer, Devil May Cry, Metal Gear Solid2 are some of them. Well, no console sux but no console is the best. All companies get profit, all prosper, all wins. No losers.

Pls no negative comments...PLEASE :) Cheers To Y'All

i will stick with me psx and pc, maybe the ps2 offers better graphics but the games atm are the same as psx games

devil may cry looks good tho, im gonna get gta3 on pc (they always better on pc, games like that for mods and online etc)

ps2 is nothing new, xbox offers new styles not just sequels so i probly will just skip the ps2 generation and get a xbox depending on how good they are

ive had enough of tekken games and resident evils and that stuff time for sommet new :)

ps2freak this IS a windows website, so there will be a lot of bias towards PC's....

i personally prefer PC's but tbh im not sure about the XboX, cos it wont have Tekken :D - also the controller looks really crap...

one thing thou - the PS2 doesnt need to anti-alias - TV's automatically anti-alias cos they're so blurred.......

:D

The PS2 will KICK the XBoxs' @$$ x10! The XBox is a PC with a logo, and admit it, PC's are SLOW! I mean, you'd have to spend at least ?1000 to get games running at 60 fps, and that's in games such as Unreal Tournament (low poly)! The PS2 can do 60 fps with FSAA etc. at a cost of ?150! Just my 2 pence :)

Oh, and the Gamecube will be faster, have better games, and will have more support than the XBox and PC put together!

Originally posted by baphomet_ie

also the controller looks really crap...

The controller is huge. It's just not that comfortable. I think it feels like a bigger Dreamcast controller with a rounded bottom. :

Originally posted by King Mustard

The PS2 will KICK the XBoxs' @$$ x10! The XBox is a PC with a logo, and admit it, PC's are SLOW! I mean, you'd have to spend at least ?1000 to get games running at 60 fps, and that's in games such as Unreal Tournament (low poly)! The PS2 can do 60 fps with FSAA etc. at a cost of ?150! Just my 2 penc:):)

Ph, and the Gamecube will be faster, have better games, and will have more support than the XBox and PC put together! b>

Are you kiddin me. My Geforce2 MX card gave me 60FPS using 3DMark2001 and that's a MX card. I built my system for $600 so that's about 450 pounds? With a Geforce 3 and a cheap system say 700mhz you can get waaay over 120FPS at 1024X768X32X85hz. I don't even think the PS2 can display reso that high. Isn't it about 800X600 that the PS does? If i'm wrong then i seriously doubt the PS2 can display games at 1600X1200 and all GeForce 3 cards and some GeForce 2 cards can too. Let's see can the PS2 do that.. really doubt it since TVs can't even go that high!

imho i think it all comes down to all the tripe that Sonys QA labs let through their checks, all these Endless Sequels, Tombraiders up to what, 5-6 games, Fifas god knows how many, they dont add much to whats gone b4, updated graphics, new box and wham they sell it....