[Review] - Antec P160 w/ Window Mod

How can i start, i got a recommendation for this case from Custom PC mag as it was there no1 case for a few months, but now silverstone has that award, i dont approve of the door, i dont particuallary like them

Start of with a pic:

dscf00066na.jpg

I will post more pics l8r, i cant find hosting space at the mo.

Here are a few pics, and show off the real beauty of this case imo.

Features:

Removable Mobo Tray - One thing about this, the expansion slots dont come out so u still have 2 fit these, but not too much of a problem

Front USB & Firewire - The firewire wont work cos my mobo dont support it :p , and my mobo dont have space for the connectors, as they put 1 usb port per usb head, so that uses em all up. :angry:

Screwless Design - Well the thing about this is that the case is not hand made, and therefore to undo the screws in the first place u need a screwdriver. :p But once undone the case build is extremely easy, as moving drives is just a case of screwing rails onto the drives, and then its easy to move them about.

Cooling Potential - This case is extremely good for cooling, as the case has space for 2 x 120mm fans, 1 at the front and 1 at the rear, therefore creating a decent push pull configuration. It also has a decent dust filter on the front of the case, but this needs cleaning every month as i found out since my temps went up by 10c.

Temperature Montior - The temperature monitor on the case is a big advantage, as programs like speed fan have never gave accurate read outs, and this actually does, and also u never need to go into the bios to check temps. Another bonus as it comes in handy for testing overclocks, as you can monitor the temperatures whilst playing games or running benchmarks. The temperature sensor comes with 2 probes, ideal for the CPU and GFX, or the HDD or system temp.

Build Problems - Only the one, since the case has sleathed drive plates, my sony dvd writer has a fancy pants drive plate on, and with this on the drive wouldnt open, so i had to exchange it with the spare black one sony gives you. well done sony. :cool:

Looks - Beatiful, the LEDs at the front look smart and Antec where amongst the first people to do this, and now other manufacturers copy. I would recommend the window, as its a full window, and looks nice with a blue neon at the bottom.

Cable Managment - This case is quite good for cable management, as the back panel has quite a lot of storage space behind it, therfore a good place to hide molex connectors if u dont have cable wrap like me. :p

Price - it was ?78.98 from amazon with delivery, and ?17.99 for the window, so overall good value considering the feautures and brushed aluminium.

<Overall - 10 / 10b>

glad 2 be of help. i like this case alot, current you have nearly the same specs as me, Amd Athlon and wat not, and on a cool day my cpu temp is 29c under full load. :cool:

I own this case since 5 months and my only downside its that the front of the case is made in plastic.

PS: Its very easy to make scratchs on the case! Be careful!

Edited by waltz

the new P108 is out, and i can say im not impressed. The cooling potential is there, as it has 4 x 120mm fan mounts, but still no dual 120mm rad. space. Heres a Pic:

0,1311,sz=1&i=87804,00.jpg

cant say i like the look neither, and where has the temperature monitor gone ???

temp monitor is the best addition to a pc i have ever had, u dont need to download crap such as speefan, just look at ure case at therefore u can see temps in games whereas with programs u cant.

IMO, the P180 looks a million times better than the P160. The P160 is 100% fugly. Case temp monitors are bad because they are usually even more inaccurate than the motherboard sensors.

they arent, mine is spot on, my proc runs at 35C under full load after a full days work, and the case is well air cooled so....

The bios reports the chip hotter than it is so it can trigger alarms when they are not needed.