10.4.2 soon ?

Not that I know of, but my hardware doesn't support it anyway, so I really don't know.

586089890[/snapback]

Damn, they should be supporting it soon..... I mean, windows XP sp2 supports it.... get on it apple! :huh:

What's your take on 10.4.2 SERVER? These two are usually released near simutaneously...or have been..I am wondering about this since 10.4.1 has rendered Quark and Word nearly useless in trying to save files to the server (bad file format error) and open them FROM the server (permissions problems). This is a known issue (see MacFixit and look for quark)...and frankly it's just amazing to me that they released a product like this...charged me $1000...and it does not work. Admittedly the versions of Quark and Word are earlier versions...(4.1 and 5.1 respectively) but they worked perfectly with 10.3.9 Server...so this incompatibility is truly a surprise.

Do YOU think the 4.2 Server edition will fix these known bugs? If it doesn't...I will have to downgrade to 10.3.9 until I hear that these were specifically fixed. This has been a serious, serious problem for production in the small newspaper office I work with.

What's your take on 10.4.2 SERVER? These two are usually released near simutaneously...or have been..I am wondering about this since 10.4.1 has rendered Quark and Word nearly useless in trying to save files to the server (bad file format error) and open them FROM the server (permissions problems). This is a known issue (see MacFixit and look for quark)...and frankly it's just amazing to me that they released a product like this...charged me $1000...and it does not work. Admittedly the versions of Quark and Word are earlier versions...(4.1 and 5.1 respectively) but they worked perfectly with 10.3.9 Server...so this incompatibility is truly a surprise.

Do YOU think the 4.2 Server edition will fix these known bugs? If it doesn't...I will have to downgrade to 10.3.9 until I hear that these were specifically fixed. This has been a serious, serious problem for production in the small newspaper office I work with.

586101022[/snapback]

Are you using the case-sensitive version of HFS+ on your server?

Are you using the case-sensitive version of HFS+ on your server?

586101030[/snapback]

Nope...This is a known issue...From MacFixIt..

Mac OS X 10.4.1: Problems with Mac OS 9 system access to Mac OS X Server-stored files

? "Mac OS 9 clients users can no longer work with Quark files that are stored on a Tiger server. "Double clicking file icons does allow Quark 4 or 5 users to open the documents but they are unable to save or save as."

Another week, another build (8C40):

-----------------------------------------------------------------

KNOWN ISSUES

- N/A for this build

AREAS OF CHANGE

New in this seed:

- Fixed issue where inherit permissions may not work correctly

- Fixed issue where AirPort may not reconnect after Wake From Sleep

- Fixed resizing issue with CoreGraphics and certain widgets

- Fixed issue with Directory Service

- Fixed problem where transferring a message from an IMAP mailbox to a

local mail box may cause the message to disappear

- Fixed problem where iTunes artwork may not copy correctly to certain

devices

- Improved Screen Saver image resolution on certain G4 iMacs, eMacs,

PowerBooks and iBooks

Another week, another build (8C40):
- Fixed problem where transferring a message from an IMAP mailbox to a

local mail box may cause the message to disappear

586119634[/snapback]

Finally.

I looked around the Apple Support Forums and there are soooooo many people that don't get any form of feedback when sending stuff with Mail 2 except when opening the Activity Viewer.

I wish they would fix that bug, it's annoying! :pinch:

I looked around the Apple Support Forums and there are soooooo many people that don't get any form of feedback when sending stuff with Mail 2 except when opening the Activity Viewer.

I wish they would fix that bug, it's annoying! :pinch:

586127152[/snapback]

What sort of feedback are you expecting?

What sort of feedback are you expecting?

586127257[/snapback]

The spinning animation next to the "Sent" mailbox. It does not appear for some people.

I'd like to know if Safari will be updated to the new WebKit as well.

The spinning animation next to the "Sent" mailbox. It does not appear for some people.

Yup that's the one, it's weird because the Inbox does show it. :wacko:

On mine, it says "Sending" with the spinning wheel while it's processing, and says "Sent" when it's done.

586127880[/snapback]

Yeah mine doesn't do anything, it's really unexplainable. It works the first time I launch Mail 2 but the second I have emails in my Send folder it just stops working.

Finder has a problem with "forgetting" I have a Apple Supported DVD-RW drive, so I cant use Burn Folders, or any iApps without restarting finder so it remembers that I have a supported burner, did Apple fix this in 10.4.2?

One problem I have that I have never seen mentioned is that the dictionary doesn't work on my iBook. I tried doing a clean install of tiger with another original DVD and had the same problem

Dictionary.app doesn't work, the Widget doesn't work using the menu to select "Look Up in Dictionary" doesn't work.

One problem I have that I have never seen mentioned is that the dictionary doesn't work on my iBook. I tried doing a clean install of tiger with another original DVD and had the same problem

Dictionary.app doesn't work, the Widget doesn't work using the menu to select "Look Up in Dictionary" doesn't work.

586161873[/snapback]

The thing I don't understand is why the exact same bugs come back after a 100% complete clean install. I even tried installing Tiger from a friend's DVD just for the fun of it, didn't make any difference.

The thing I don't understand is why the exact same bugs come back after a 100% complete clean install. I even tried installing Tiger from a friend's DVD just for the fun of it, didn't make any difference.

586161909[/snapback]

It must not like some hardware or something because it doesn't show the sending animation for me either. I just have to guess that it sent. I have a 1.5GHz 12" PowerBook

I sense the sarcasm lol.

Anyway, could you define "Doesn't work" a little more? Does the app launch? If so does it just not find anything?

586162162[/snapback]

The app loads fine, but if you search for any word it never finds anything.

What makes the problem even more screwed is that I tried installing tiger onto a firewire HD and booting from it on my iBook. Dictionary would not find any words. Then I plugged the same drive into my brothers mac mini and booted tiger from it and it worked fine.

I dont really need the dictionary, so I am not worried about the problem, but it is definitely strange.