Warning Level Question

How can I find out my warning level?

fred666: Warning levels are in the format of 0% (angel), 20%, 40%, 60%, 80% and 100% (thin ice)

How can I find out my warning level?

585985255[/snapback]

have you ever been warned?

If no, then it's 0%.

If you have, then they'd tell you at the time.

pm a moderator. me, for example, got a warning for calling someone an "idiot". quite pathetic. so yes, ask a moderator.

pm a moderator. me, for example, got a warning for calling someone an "idiot". quite pathetic. so yes, ask a moderator.

585985292[/snapback]

You have to word it indirectly :p "Don't _act_ like an idiot".

That's good going for 20,000 posts though. I'm surprised you haven't payed a visit an beaten the crap out of people sometimes, lol. :D

You have to word it indirectly :p "Don't _act_ like an idiot".

585985308[/snapback]

That may not be enough to get by me.

I'd rather we all treat each other with respect.

Back on the topic:

[PM Sent to Thread Starter]

Well anyway, I'd like to suggest an area in you profile where you can see your warning level, find out why, and make an appeal!

Well anyway, I'd like to suggest an area in you profile where you can see your warning level, find out why, and make an appeal!

585985436[/snapback]

Very good suggestion. ;)

585985436[/snapback]

We had it set that way for a time and we got complaints that people didn't want to be reminded of their past missteps.

it would be nice to be able to turn it on and off, or just have it in a section in the profile so only you can see it.

Isnt that the whole point of the warning system though? To give a warning?

You should be reminded. Dont do the crime if you cant do the time

We had it set that way for a time and we got complaints that people didn't want to be reminded of their past missteps.

585985476[/snapback]

shouldn't they (including me) have to face up to their past foolery, and be reminding of their mistakes?

it would be nice to be able to turn it on and off, or just have it in a section in the profile so only you can see it.

585985496[/snapback]

In the past when it was visible, you could not see others' warning levels, just your own.

In the past when it was visible, you could not see others' warning levels, just your own.

585985505[/snapback]

ohh didnt reliase, anyway i think it aleast should be brough back, and i really meant that those people that didnt want to see there warn level could just set it so it wasnt anywere at all and those that did could see it if they want.

I think we should be able to see our own warning levels.

585985964[/snapback]

me too, just leave it on our controls, like it was before, or have an option so we can see it or not

i remember when we had them in our profile, i think it would be alot easier for them to put them back in, instead of us emailing mods and asking, forget, emailing them again, and neowin has alot of memebers, so i think it would be easier on mods as well

585985292[/snapback]

:huh:

No Flaming, Personal attacks such as flaming, instigating "flame bait", verbal abuse or mocking of members in forum posts are not tolerated at Neowin. Such posts will be deleted on sight and moderated accordingly. If you are a long standing member, act like one. Lead by example and assist other newer members rather then attacking them. We look upon our veteran members to use this opportunity to teach the newer members the appropriate way to use these message boards.

Calling someone an idiot is a blatant attack. Pretty cut and dry.

As to warning levels, there is talk about putting that back up so members can view their own.

I really don't know why it was removed to begin with. Lots of rumors about people not wanting to see their levels all the time, but I honestly think it was an IPB2 thing.....unless I was gone for the day on mod day when we discussed removing it.

I agree that warning levels should be added back so that members can view their own levels. There are at least 2 or 3 threads in this forum each month asking how members can check their own warning levels. How can we solve this? Simple: just add them back!!!

Can a mod PM me with my warn level? Also if it states what i was warned for can you add that too?

Thanks

585986458[/snapback]

[PM Sent]

also, could i mod tell me what im on? i think i have 1, but im not sure, because my stupid friend did something on my account if i remember rightly

also, could i mod tell me what im on? i think i have 1, but im not sure, because my stupid friend did something on my account if i remember rightly

585986545[/snapback]

[PM Sent]