Warning Level Question

WOW fred does that mean you do more than just sit there replying to threads in site and forum issues?  :laugh:.  Nah I see you do a lot on neowin :whistle:

585990149[/snapback]

No, I sit here PMing people about their warning level. This thread has kept me busy (and not just from the people who have posted either).

I'll edit my earlier post to make it more clear that I was talking about the duties and responsiblities of an Admin rather than the relatively light duties and responsibilities of a newly minted smod.

May I ask....

What would happen if you were a Subscriber and you got a profile restriction, would you make a "Subscriber (Profile Restricted)" or would they lose their membership?

585990064[/snapback]

Most likley. They wont revoke subscriptions

pm a moderator. me, for example, got a warning for calling someone an "idiot". quite pathetic. so yes, ask a moderator.

585985292[/snapback]

Ditto  :rolleyes:

585986817[/snapback]

double ditto

585986838[/snapback]

It's a rule break.

A flame and possibly trolling depending on the situation.

We try to make Neowin a friendly place... and calling people idiots and the like is unacceptable.

got a warning for calling someone an "idiot". quite pathetic. so yes, ask a moderator.

Quite pathetic that some members can't follow simple rules. :rolleyes:

As far whining about your warning levels in this thread...it stops here. If you have a complaint about your warning, send it via pm. It's very clear in our rules that you have that right. However, you can not do this in public.

Consider this your friendly warning.

Yup, same. i 'personally attacked' someone by calling him an idiot for trolling... :rolleyes: And the mods didn't notice it till four weeks :blink:

Justice shall prevail! :unsure:

585990156[/snapback]

Why do some people get so worked up over a warning anyway?

If someone called me an idiot or a troll, I wouldn't want him to get banned or restricted, but I'd at least try to make him aware that personal attacks are against the rules.

It's not like warning will stop you from posting on the forum or get you publicly humiliated, it's just literally a "warning".

And no comment on "Justice shall prevail!" :|

It's a rule break.

A flame and possibly trolling depending on the situation.

We try to make Neowin a friendly place... and calling people idiots and the like is unacceptable.

Quite pathetic that some members can't follow simple rules. :rolleyes:

585990169[/snapback]

yea, if other users call you "postcount wh0re" and dont know about my severe real life health status its quite retarded. i made a thread about it explaining why i am here alot yet users and even mods pick on me, way to go :rolleyes:

i'm just fed up with this ignorance.

I'm sorry things are going bad for ya kiwi .. keep ya chin up ..hope you feel better very soon :blush: :D

kiwi is a subscriber as we all know .. who's to say that one day he'll decide that he's had enough of everyone picking on him(if he hasn't done that already) and cancel his subscription ... that's money lost to neowin.net due to the ignorant people that won't leave well enough alone

eh i'm not really worried about my personal status, i'm just another user and nothing would happen if i wouldn't come here no more. it's just bad to see my (former) favorite foru msite in decline and becoming cluttered.

eh i'm not really worried about my personal status, i'm just another user and nothing would happen if i wouldn't come here no more. it's just bad to see my (former) favorite foru msite in decline and becoming cluttered.

585998931[/snapback]

If members were allowed to call each other idiots, would it not decline very quickly?

585998931[/snapback]

i don't see it declining unless more unnecessary comments are made

If members were allowed to call each other idiots, would it not decline very quickly?

585998971[/snapback]

i see you read my posts carefully...not.

^lol.

I'd like to see my warning level so if someone really annoys me I can tell if i've got enough room to still have a rant at them AND keep my posting priveleges.

I'm pretty sure I've got enough room atm as I've only been warned once.

Can I have my warning elevel, I think I have 2, one for posting the time and another for giving out an IPB 2.0 Link after it stopped been free, altough it went to a trail?

Can I have my warning elevel, I think I have 2, one for posting the time and another for giving out an IPB 2.0 Link after it stopped been free, altough it went to a trail?

586001284[/snapback]

You have 0 warns.

^lol.

I'd like to see my warning level so if someone really annoys me I can tell if i've got enough room to still have a rant at them AND keep my posting priveleges.

I'm pretty sure I've got enough room atm as I've only been warned once.

585999065[/snapback]

Not a good idea to go on... you can be banned on the 1st offense.

It's not 5 warns and your done... it can be 1 or 2 depending on how severe the problem is.

585998971[/snapback]

no it wouldnt. people need a slap in the face if they screw up. otherwise, they wont learn. Since we cant use our hands here, we might as well use our keyboard.

As such, throwing insults which dont qualify as cursewords should be PERFECTLY allowed :p

anyone wanna post a link to the board rules for me? I cant find it -_-

I'd also like to know if I have any warnings. When we could see our own I know I was at 0%, but that was a long time ago.

no it wouldnt. people need a slap in the face if they screw up. otherwise, they wont learn. Since we cant use our hands here, we might as well use our keyboard.

As such, throwing insults which dont qualify as cursewords should be PERFECTLY allowed :p

anyone wanna post a link to the board rules for me? I cant find it -_-

586001343[/snapback]

Registrations/visitors would plummet. People like Neowin because it is seen as an intelligent, mature and friendly forum. There are plenty of forums out there that are barely moderated and it shows. We strive to be better.

Edit: Oops, forgot this:

https://www.neowin.net/forum/rules.htm

I think if you want to see you warning you should have to go to something like http://neowin.net/warning and type in your username and password that way you can see it if you want

586001373[/snapback]

good idea...

btw can someone pm me my warn level i dont think i have any but its possible that, I was being stupid at some point...

p.s hope i don;t get warned for insulting myself :laugh:

I'd also like to know if I have any warnings. When we could see our own I know I was at 0%, but that was a long time ago.

586001369[/snapback]

good idea...

btw can someone pm me my warn level i dont think i have any but its possible that, I was being stupid at some point...

p.s hope i don;t get warned for insulting myself  :laugh:

586001410[/snapback]

[PMs sent]

I think I got one when they first started, when Mods were giving them out like hotcakes.

Can you please send me mine?

Thanks in Advance