Warning Level Question

will they ever go back own. Id like to change my name. The risk of starting a 2nd account almost seems worth it. Just change my MAC and im good to go.

The risk of starting a 2nd account almost seems worth it. Just change my MAC and im good to go.

586008401[/snapback]

Thats what the other banned members thought...

will they ever go back own. Id like to change my name. The risk of starting a 2nd account almost seems worth it. Just change my MAC and im good to go.

586008401[/snapback]

We've become quite good at using other things aside from ip and hostname to identify those with dup accounts. Trust me, it's not worth it.

I am working with staff to get warning levels viewable again.  Hold on folks....

586008364[/snapback]

In the profile please or in your USERCP.

In the profile please or in your USERCP.

586008572[/snapback]

That's cool, BOOG :shifty: hmm... so can we also see the reasons why we were warned or just the level? :unsure:

I am working with staff to get warning levels viewable again.  Hold on folks....

586008364[/snapback]

yes master. excellent...

That's cool, BOOG :shifty: hmm... so can we also see the reasons why we were warned or just the level? :unsure:

586008688[/snapback]

you get a PM right after you have been warned and what for.

I still wonder why the worry if it's next to your post. Seems like a lot of drama for nothing.

586010064[/snapback]

Exactly. It's only viewable by you, and it alleviates a lot of PM's saying what's my warn level when it's hidden in the user CP.

But then you get all the people of questionable intelligence posting frantically "OH NOES, MY WARN LEVEL IS VIEWABLE! HELP!" and then the 6 people to reassure him that he is the only one that can see his warn level. Catch-22, you might say.

We've become quite good at using other things aside from ip and hostname to identify those with dup accounts.  Trust me, it's not worth it.

586008454[/snapback]

Well will the warning levels ever decline. I think 6 months to a year should clear ur record out a bit. Or for multiple offences every 6 months gets you down 20%. I have been a good poster (well not bad poster) for awhile now.

And what type of know-how do you have that a MAC change and format could track back. (I dont mean that as an assertive statement like I would make a dupe account, just curiosity). It doesnt help I already said what I would like the new username to be to a certain mod.

Well will the warning levels ever decline. I think 6 months to a year should clear ur record out a bit. Or for multiple offences every 6 months gets you down 20%. I have been a good poster (well not bad poster) for awhile now.

And what type of know-how do you have that a MAC change and format could track back. (I dont mean that as an assertive statement like I would make a dupe account, just curiosity). It doesnt help I already said what I would like the new username to be to a certain mod.

586010771[/snapback]

Neowin's becoming a frikkin jail, it's like a nanny state.

How petty is the 'after 6 months you can come back into society and mingle'.

Sickening :x

How petty is the 'after 6 months you can come back into society and mingle'.

Sickening  :x

586010795[/snapback]

Having a warn doesn't exclude you from any functions of Neowin.

You can post and discuss just like any other member.

586010771[/snapback]

The warn reduction system is currently being developed.

And yes, we have many tools that have been modded by our coders to figure out re-signups. It's pretty wild.

Having a warn doesn't exclude you from any functions of Neowin.

You can post and discuss just like any other member.

586010854[/snapback]

I think people want warnings to be more like a reform system, rather than a punishment system - once you get a warning you live with it, learning from your mistakes, with it being removed after 6 months rather than punishing you permanently.

I don't mind either way, but I would prefer to give members that have behaved for 6 months the benefit of the doubt and allow them a clean slate.

Exactly.  It's only viewable by you, and it alleviates a lot of PM's saying what's my warn level when it's hidden in the user CP.

586010079[/snapback]

I know. I Just don't want to see it. What is bothering me if you're not giving us a choice about this. You're using your superpowers to put it where you want it best.

Well sorry I have to disagree.

Personally I don't want the feature and Thats my point. Whats the reason the mods need to show your warning level on every post?

Right now I know don't have one and I don't care to see 0% on next to every post of the 21,000+ I've made. :argh:

I'm an extremely frequent poster, subscriber and for me its just annoying to see it every damn time.

Warning Level 0%

Think about seeing that 21,000+ times over or up to 80 times a day.

Don't you think its a little rediculous!

When it's in the USERCP or PROFILE ITS SHOWN TO YOU AT YOUR LEISURE. Not forced down your throat on every post.

Unnecessary!

Edited by Steven

I'd think having to see your avatar all the time would be a bit more rediculous..  :unsure:

586011121[/snapback]

:huh: ... isn't that where he was talking about it being possibly? in the avatar info?

I know.  I Just don't want to see it.

Personally I don't want the feature! Thats my freaken pointl. Whats the freaken hysteria about having to see yoru warning level on every post you make.

Right now I know don't have one and I don't care to see 0% on next to every post of the 21,000+ I've made. :argh:

I'm an extremely frequent post and its just annoying to see it every damn time

Warning Level 0%

Think about seeing that 21,000+ times over. Don't you think its a little rediculous!

When it's in the USERCP or PROFILE ITS SHOWN TO YOU AT YOUR LEISURE. Not forced down your throat on every post.

Unnecessary!

586011107[/snapback]

I'd think having to see your avatar all the time would be a bit more rediculous.. :unsure:

I'd think having to see your avatar all the time would be a bit more rediculous..  :unsure:

586011121[/snapback]

you dont want to see my posts? use the ignore feature of the board it works a treat. Enough on this "avatar" issue. :rolleyes:

When did i say i didn't want to see your posts? I said your avatar would be more annoying then seeing a tiny image that tells you your warning level, what the hell's up with that?  :rolleyes:

586011130[/snapback]

Disable avatars ;)

you dont want to see my posts? use the ignore feature of the board it works a treat. Enough on this "avatar" issue.  :rolleyes:

586011128[/snapback]

When did i say i didn't want to see your posts? I said your avatar would be more annoying then seeing a tiny image that tells you your warning level, what the hell's up with that? :rolleyes:

When did i say i didn't want to see your posts? I said your avatar would be more annoying then seeing a tiny image that tells you your warning level, what the hell's up with that?  :rolleyes:

586011130[/snapback]

i give up...I guess you don't know how to use Invisionboard.

586011130[/snapback]

you don't get it. Think of having to see this "image" 7X OVER than the amount of posts you have.

Theres no point of seeing Warning Level 0%, 21000+ times.