Do You Like Internet Explorer (IE)

Do You Like Internet Explorer (IE)  

761 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Like Internet Explorer (IE)

• Yes
    • No

I vote yes.

In reality, how many exploits are we really vulnerable to while surfing sites like Neowin? Sure, "studies" have proven that Mozilla browsers are safer, but until Internet Explorer and the ActiveX blocks in SP2 actually do something harmful to my computer, I'm sticking with my choice.

- WindowsTechie :)

Yes, I like Internet Explorer.

I use it as my main browser, but I have started to use FireFox more now when I wait for IE7.

I like IE but I just like Firefox better nothing wrong with IE its pretty safe if your not a complete moron, I wouldnt really be that mad if all the browsers fell off the face of the earth and only IE was left but no tabs would be pretty annoying.

not really. firefox is much faster and more convenient imo. and IE doesn't follow web standards properly, or support PNG transparency (yet).

I hate Internet Explorer.

Some reasons:

* Slow.

* Not standard compliant.

* Outdated (last version for Mac OS X is 5.23).

* Few features.

IE is not slow i cant tell the difference between IE and FF except for FF takes longer to load.

Whoever said a browser is just as sucure as its user is exactly right. You have to be a complete retard to download any spyware viruses or anything else with IE. And if you have done it before you are a retard. Im 24 my first computer was a 486/66 when i was in 7th grade ive never downloaded any viruses or spyware. Ive never installed an antivirus on my computer either.

It's a god damned web browser who cares which one you use. Use the one you like no body cares!!!! IE FF Opera Maxathon Konqourer Epiphany for gods sake use Lynx if you want to.

I Use IE i put FF on my friends computers and work computer cause they are retards and can not be allowed to use IE. Personally i find IE to be faster on my system it loads faster and a lot of the time im searching for files in explorer i can just type in a web address and it changes into IE.

I use the internet to look stuff up read things and post on some boards. Not to criticise CSS code and rendering.

So quit your bitchy geek whining and get a life there are more things to worry about than web browsers. If your on the programming teams of these browsers im sorry that probably is your main worry and your paycheck.

I use Maxthon which uses the IE engine and is in my opinion just as good as any browser: 28 000 000 odd downloads and going strong!! :)

I had to think about this one, and eventually chose yes, because in the right hands it is a great browser.

It does have a nice rendering engine, and it has a few cool things, like it auto corrects some CSS errors, etc.

Oh, my, god. it corrects CSS errors? Get the facts, man.

i do not like internet explorer. its a pain in the ass for us web developers. support for transparent pngs is also another big point (second to non-compliancy) which puts off IE for me.

lack of aesthetics and features bring me to firefox. i'm not a fanboy or anything, and i'm sure opera, etc are fine, but i have tried them and still returned to firefox. its pretty much the perfect browser for my needs

• 2 weeks later...