Halo 3 Next June?

How do you know it's been under development all this while? I don't see anything mentioning it on Bungie.net either.

586003067[/snapback]

We'll show you a capability inside the Office System today that delivers on what we call Information Rights Management. We're working on the next version -- I hate to tell you this confidentially but I'll have to swear you to secrecy now -- we're working on the next version of Xbox right now and we're working on Halo 2 and Halo 3, the two newest versions of the game.

Remarks by Steve Ballmer, CEO, Microsoft Corporation

Microsoft Office System Launch

Orlando, Florida

October 21, 2003

Source: Microsoft

edit: I love bursting little kids bubbles... :devil: :laugh: :rofl: ;)

*cough Doom 3 Cough*

586003082[/snapback]

Doom3 would be one of those exceptions where popularity/fanbase takes precedence.. I'm talking POS games like Terminator 3, World Poker Championship, Gods and Generals..

Orlando, Florida

October 21, 2003

edit: I love bursting little kids bubbles...  :devil:  :laugh:  :rofl:  ;)

586003104[/snapback]

Get off your high horse will you? It was merely a question, nothing to boost your ego with. :wacko:

The abrupt ending to Halo 2 makes so much more sense now...

Well, I'm certainly not paying $60 dollars for a damn game. $50 dollars is expensive enough. Bastids!

586002500[/snapback]

That's nothing.. we pay about $60-80 for all games here in Norway.

If they rush Halo 3 to match the PS3 launch date, I'm going to be p!ssed. They need to release it whenever it's completely ready, not release it whenever they can. I do not want a half-baked product released.

Welcome to PC Gaming, hey you guys asked for it. Right? Right!?

Now with the onslaught of the next generation of consoles (PS3 Xbox360) quality titles such has Halo 3 can and will be rushed to the point that they will become no different then current PC games due to people having broadband, that's why MS and Sony are only going for a online compatible system for broadband. I have gotten ahead of my self let me elaborate.

Now that the two biggest consoles have said F-you to dial-up users they can now focus primarily on broadband users, which in turn allows games just like a PC game to be rushed, without complete bug testing and beta testing, alowing PATCHES to be slowly released released, just like a PC Game.

Mark my WORDS

EDIT:

Orlando, Florida

October 21, 2003

edit: I love bursting little kids bubbles...  :devil:  :laugh:  :rofl:  ;)

586003104[/snapback]

Now you've been bursted.

name one single game that is perfect and has no issues with graphics, physics, gameplay or anything that can ruin your gaming experience.  :happy:  :yes:  ;)

586002906[/snapback]

Metriod Prime

Welcome to PC Gaming, hey you guys asked for it. Right? Right!?

Now with the onslaught of the next generation of consoles (PS3 Xbox360) quality titles such has Halo 3 can and will be rushed to the point that they will become no different then current PC games due to people having broadband, that's why MS and Sony are only going for a online compatible system for broadband. I have gotten ahead of my self let me elaborate.

Now that the two biggest consoles have said F-you to dial-up users they can now focus primarily on broadband users, which in turn allows games just like a PC game to be rushed, without complete bug testing and beta testing, alowing PATCHES to be slowly released released, just like a PC Game.

Mark my WORDS

EDIT:

Now you've been bursted.

586004310[/snapback]

I'd said before that I don't like the idea of bashing people or any sort or personal attacks and you'll excuse me here but you are a complete moron, you have no idea of how the heck the gaming industry works and worse of all this is that you come here trying to play the roll of Nostradamus predicting the upcoming apocalyptic end of the gaming industry as we know it.

now let me give you some background in case you'd been living under a rock. games as we know them were born on consoles not on the PC, and you should thank Nolan Bushnell and co for making the Atari system part of the living room. due to the popularity of the gaming consoles on the living room PC developers opted to use the power of the PC to recreate a similar experience to the one on the consoles. most of the advances on PC gaming were possible because Microsoft came out with DirectX, a set of APIs that facilitates game developers to concentrate programing for an API set and not an specific piece of hardware like a sound card or a video card that back on its days were all but an standard. I can go deeper and deeper on this subject but I'm not going to waste my time giving details to a person that is still living on the jurassic age of gaming and thinks PC gaming is a God giving right.

ohh, one last thing... you should thank:

Atari for making video games popular and part of our way of living.

Nintendo for creating to greatest game franchises ever.

Sega for creating great game franchises and game consoles and be the first to incorporate online capabilities in one of them, the Dreamcast.

Microsoft for crating DirectX to facilitate PC game programing.

Sony for bringing users a different approach to console gaming.

and every one and single company that devotes their time, resources and effort to give us the option to chose what we want to play and were we want to play.

and lastly but not less important... you should thank God for letting a creature like you to live among the humans. :devil: :angry: :rolleyes: :no:

The same can be said for mot Nintendo first-party games. Unless you count the occasional wall that isn't high enough and can be jumped by standing on the exact right pixel with the exact right timing.

Well what is wrong with it?

586004557[/snapback]

it doesn't have a story line (so to speak)... I mean the game is good and it has a good game play but (as my personal taste) if there's nothing going on interesting in the background there's nothing else than can keep me on the couch trying to find out what plot or twisted story or dark secret may be hidden somewhere along the way. once you'd done a few missions if there's no plot the game becomes a loop on different environments. look at Halo CE, it has some repetitive levels and so but the story line keeps you asking for more. anyways MP is good but not perfect...

:happy: :p ;)

The same can be said for mot Nintendo first-party games. Unless you count the occasional wall that isn't high enough and can be jumped by standing on the exact right pixel with the exact right timing.

586004597[/snapback]

two words... Mario Sunshine... :laugh: :rofl: :p

it doesn't have a story line (so to speak)... I mean the game is good and it has a good game play but (as my personal taste) if there's nothing going on interesting in the background there's nothing else than can keep me on the couch trying to find out what plot or twisted story or dark secret may be hidden somewhere along the way. once you'd done a few missions if there's no plot the game becomes a loop on different environments. look at Halo CE, it has some repetitive levels and so but the story line keeps you asking for more. anyways MP is good but not perfect...

:happy:  :p  ;)

586004612[/snapback]

Obviously you never played the game if you just said there is no story line. Because one of the things in the game is to locate all the scanpoints, which contain the story of what is going on. There is like hours of reading if you want to get 100% or have a remote clue of what to do next.

ohh, one last thing... you should thank:

Atari for making video games popular and part of our way of living.

Nintendo for creating to greatest game franchises ever.

Sega for creating great game franchises and game consoles and be the first to incorporate online capabilities in one of them, the Dreamcast.

Microsoft for crating DirectX to facilitate PC game programing.

Sony for bringing users a different approach to console gaming.

and every one and single company that devotes their time, resources and effort to give us the option to chose what we want to play and were we want to play.

Irrelevant. Don't try to derail your own flame with useless words, or try to make it seem less unpleasent to my eyes, or a moderators.

I'd said before that I don't like the idea of bashing people or any sort or personal attacks and you'll excuse me here but you are a complete moron, you have no idea of how the heck the gaming industry works and worse of all this is that you come here trying to play the roll of Nostradamus predicting the upcoming apocalyptic end of the gaming industry as we know it.

No I won't excuse you and you have been reported for flaming.

And I wasn't predicting "The end of the gaming industry" I was talking about how CONSOLE games will be rushed now due to the fact that they can now be patched with the new systems.

now let me give you some background in case you'd been living under a rock. games as we know them were born on consoles not on the PC, and you should thank Nolan Bushnell and co for making the Atari system part of the living room. due to the popularity of the gaming consoles on the living room PC developers opted to use the power of the PC to recreate a similar experience to the one on the consoles. most of the advances on PC gaming were possible because Microsoft came out with DirectX, a set of APIs that facilitates game developers to concentrate programing for an API set and not an specific piece of hardware like a sound card or a video card that back on its days were all but an standard.

I don't need a refresher course on how PC gaming came to be, and this is all irrelevant to what I said once more.

I can go deeper and deeper on this subject but I'm not going to waste my time giving details to a person that is still living on the jurassic age of gaming and thinks PC gaming is a God giving right.

I am not a PC gaming hardcore wangbang as you seem to think I am, my family is a generation of gamers, my parents played the Atari, I played the Nintendo.

Irrelevant. Don't try to derail your own flame with useless words, or try to make it seem less unpleasent to my eyes, or a moderators.

No I won't excuse you and you have been reported for flaming.

And I wasn't predicting "The end of the gaming industry" I was talking about how CONSOLE games will be rushed now due to the fact that they can now be patched with the new systems.

I don't  need a refresher course on how PC gaming came to be, and this is all irrelevant to what I said once more.

I am not a PC gaming hardcore wangbang as you seem to think I am, my family is a generation of gamers, my parents played the Atari, I played the Nintendo.

586004689[/snapback]

byte me! :happy: :laugh: :rofl: :p

byte me!  :happy:  :laugh:  :rofl:  :p

586004706[/snapback]

Wow, grow up

Edited by ItsOnlyMonday

Get along everyone now, yah hear? Let's all get along and just hope Halo 3 will be worth buying. Yes, it's possible the development could be rushed, but let's hope that it is not, mmk?

after bill made his comment, another person from ms or bungie ( i forgot ) stated bill was getting ahead of himself.

bs hype basically