• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Mikro Productions ...website ...the design

Question

groovydesigner    0

Emmm....Hi there ....for the last 3 days I've done a website for a company ...and I wanted to show it you and rate it ...and what does it have to improve ?

Mikro Productions that's is the link

please comment .... don't be blunt but tell me what to improve...

Thanks

Yours

Groovydesigner

Groovyflash.com

By the way I still have to do an intro...

+Human.Online    8,677

Wow, just wow!

That has to be some of the most aweful flash I've ever seen. Why do you insist on making all your sites in 100% flash? Your content area is tiny, the buttons are horrible, there is no coherrant colouring to the site, too many font-styles of an already illegible font, the background is too dominant and suffers bad scaling.

And what the hell is the speaker image for? I'm hearing nothing? The links flash in a really weird way. The whole site really makes me want to never return!

Seriously, go learn Photoshop, build some HTML sites, then learn that Flash has to be used well (subtly IMHO) to work.

I'm not being an ass, I just think you really need to look into your fascination with flash-based websites and learn some style before proceeding - you'll get better results!

dreamstarter    0

My comments would be to possibly change the font, something more standard or easier to read. Secondly. think about making the the header more like a logo rather than just text and a slogan. I like the design idea though. Good job!

groovydesigner    0
My comments would be to possibly change the font, something more standard or easier to read. Secondly. think about making the the header more like a logo rather than just text and a slogan. I like the design idea though. Good job!

586004938[/snapback]

Thanks

@njlouch = That's going to be the website ... tell me what to improve ?

+Human.Online    8,677

If that is agreed to be the website, I'll back out now, because I personally would 100% restart.

dreamstarter    0

NP! I only hope to help out.

groovydesigner    0
If that is agreed to be the website, I'll back out now, because I personally would 100% restart.

586005000[/snapback]

NP! I only hope to help out.

586005003[/snapback]

@njlouch = Do you have MSN messenger please ... please PM me and give me your email if you have ..because I THINK you are a good designer... and you would help me out. Will you?

@dreamstarter = Thanks Again ...

+.Aaron    0

Change the follow:

1. The background, the sunset(rise) is tooooooooo pixely

2. The font, and buttons are TOOOOOOO BIG.

3. Stick with one style and dont give people headaches by color changes.

Its too big. Smaller is better.

Why flash?

xxdesmus    0

1. flash, i won't go there

2. the gold font at the top and on the white side buttons is too hard to read, different font.

3. the sunset is way to pixelated, it looks sloppy even if it was meant as a "choice"

4. the mouse overs on the side buttons give me a headache, too much flashing.

5. bring the sound icon background up about 5-7px, it looks like the bottom of the page cuts it off.

-ben    0

... could be better, could be worse ...

+StevoFC    21

that is unbelievably horrible. i'm not trying to be rude or anything, but i don't understand what company would even pay for something like that.

groovydesigner    0

2. the gold font at the top and on the white side buttons is too hard to read, different font.

3. the sunset is way to pixelated, it looks sloppy even if it was meant as a "choice"

5. bring the sound icon background up about 5-7px, it looks like the bottom of the page cuts it off.

586005170[/snapback]

Thanks ! About the sunset .the jpeg quality was 40 % that's why ...I'll make it 100% ! . OK Are there any other changes?

AgEnTsMiTh    0

I have to agree, this is pretty bad. I appreciate the time it must have taken to work on this but, not even the text or pictures contain any type of high quality to it. I strongly suggest thinking this one over again.

Lee G.    234

Very, very few sites look good when completely designed in flash.

Sadly this isn't one of them. A better effect could be achieved in CSS/HTML.

groovydesigner    0

OK Then START-OVER. What do you suggest, that I do for the new website ?

phoe*nix    0

586005170[/snapback]

i agree with xxdesmus. oh and add a title, it says website.swf(application/x-shockwave-flash Object). just thought i'd mention it as it's something which is easy to forget about...i know i have in the past :blush:

moogleman    0

I really don't know what the attraction to flash is. It's loads slower, it's sluggish, and almost always doesn't look as nice.

groovydesigner    0

I am starting a new site .... what do you suggest me to DO ? I am talking about the color scheme ,buttuns,banner ,content ,CSS, Html . And of course flash.Any ideas?

SadJoker    17
that is unbelievably horrible. i'm not trying to be rude or anything, but i don't understand what company would even pay for something like that.

586005342[/snapback]

Meh, I agree. :ninja:

I am starting a new site .... what do you suggest me to DO ? I am talking about the color scheme ,buttuns,banner ,content ,CSS, Html . And of course flash.Any ideas?

586005910[/snapback]

Obviously you haven't listened to what anyone posted in this thread. It's your design! We're just here to comment on it. If you can't come up with anything creative, then you obviously can't be a web designer.

Aeonandromere    2

I feel sorry for the poor fool who decided to pay you to make that. It looks like something they teach in a high-school flash/graphics art course. And why flash? Why? Stop avoiding that question, flash is garbage.

Maybe you should start considering actually learning the technology and then some before trying to get clients. I'm guessing your between 12 and 16 and recieved a copy of Flash MX and / or Photoshop for your birthday, now you think your a web designer. Isn't so. Good luck, you WILL need it.

What do I suggest? Get some ***damned creativity, strike a pose with your artistic side rather than forcing something. Webdesign is an artists profession, and unless you are an artist it really does not make sense to try. Maybe try programming?

theyarecomingforyou    10,427
I feel sorry for the poor fool who decided to pay you to make that.

586007611[/snapback]

oddcrap    0

I won't visit anysite that has music on it.

FiB3R    1,663

Damn you guys can be ruthless, but in this case I think you have a point. It is a pretty bad looking site. I don't see the problem with using flash, some amazing things can be done with it. But I suppose you guys are right, for this type of site it's just not needed.

:Edit: You can't expect to be payed for that, how long have you got to come up with somthing err...... better.

groovydesigner    0

OK then ... I'll try something by myself and see if I succed

+Human.Online    8,677

I don't think it would help if we chatted on MSN, because I don't consider myself that great a designer!

groovydesigner    0

I don't knwo then ..you like an expert designer ...with those replies..