Mikro Productions ...website ...the design

Question

Emmm....Hi there ....for the last 3 days I've done a website for a company ...and I wanted to show it you and rate it ...and what does it have to improve ?

Mikro Productions that's is the link

please comment .... don't be blunt but tell me what to improve...

Thanks

Yours

Groovydesigner

Groovyflash.com

By the way I still have to do an intro...

No offense but don't use Flash, use HTML and CSS. (No I wont teach you learn it yourself) But by the quality of that site you made I honestly wouldn't pay ?0.01 for it. I have seen all your work, its all Flash and it is always pixlated, and you can'tever> seem to scale it correctly to the size it actually is on the webpage, i.e. 450px 'x' 450px; I have said to you many times, keep going and you might get it looking good, but in this case and for you, give up. Sorry but I have to be honest now.

Neh I will never give up ...and I can't concentrate on designing right now ,...because of studies ... but I will practise and learn in the summer ...

But by the quality of that site you made I honestly wouldn't pay ?0.01 for it.

586009703[/snapback]

dude, i wouldn'tbe paid> to have that. :no::

It was just my mistake the quality was 40 % I'll make it hundred ,and add another banner .This is my problem about designing ,that I don't know how to do the layout ,where to put buttons etc ... can someone help ?

That?s because NeoWin is full of truthful people who can determine whether a design is good or sucks like your:p:p

I'll be truthful as all of the other members have been. It sucks. The text on the buttons (that flash for 30 seconds after they've lost focus) is hanging off of the button which doesn't look too well. The images are horrible and the speaker is huge and can be smaller. How do you not know that you exported the SWF file with 40% quality? If you didn't notice it, then you're not too much of a designer and must be very new to Flash... or just blind. Not flaming you at all. I would recommend you purchase Photoshop and learn HTML and possibly some PHP. I would also recommend you give something time and not rush projects. Good designs take time. Honestly man, it's horrible.

My sig took maybe three minutes and looks far better than your whole "site."

that is unbelievably horrible. i'm not trying to be rude or anything, but i don't understand what company would even pay for something like that.

586005342[/snapback]

I'll agree as well. It seems that you're good at Flash but HORRIBLE with graphics. Get a graphics person and team up, maybe then you'll create something worth while. And quit asking how to improve. Learn by doing tutorials, visiting sites like stylegala.com or cssvault.com for amazing sites to get ideas from and see what the market looks like.

I'll agree as well. It seems that you're good at Flash but HORRIBLE with graphics. Get a graphics person and team up, maybe then you'll create something worth while. And quit asking how to improve. Learn by doing tutorials, visiting sites like stylegala.com or cssvault.com for amazing sites to get ideas from and see what the market looks like.

586017525[/snapback]

Thanks for the links !!

Hang on, you're a web designer and you don't know what CSS is? :blink: *looks around for the hidden camera*

you would have to pay me to use a ****ing **** site like that :D

586019008[/snapback]

constructive comment lol :D

Hang on, you're a web designer and you don't know what CSS is?  :blink: *looks around for the hidden camera*

586018989[/snapback]

They are probably just trying to learn to help out a friend that is offering money.

NEway, let's clear one thing up: most people dislike all-flash websites, even the very professional ones; they are usually very gimmicky and best used for promoting the latest Hollywood films or in situations where animations are critical to the functionality of a website.

Next... points of criticism:

The title of the webpage is "website.swf"; sign of an amateur.

The font for the website's title is awful and barely legible.

The font for the rest of the site if awful.

The buttons glow for ages after you hover over them.

The sound button is far too large and unnecessary; you shouldn't even have sound on a website.

The website resizes according to the size of your browser.

There is a lot of pixilation in the background image and around text.

The copyright logo at the bottom doesn't look right - you should use the actual copyright character, rather than trying to recreate it.

The colour scheme is awful: grey has to be used very carefully to look nice (you fail); the orange and deep purple look equally horrendous.

The style does NOT indiciate what the website is about. Your first glance of a website should be able to tell you what it does, though you have a sunset and a giant speaker as prominent features, giving no idea as to what the website is about.

The most popular websites are uncluttered and typically very minimalist; this helps to get people to come back to the site. I honestly think you should go back to the drawing board and come up with a concept, document and THEN try to achieve it on a computer - you can't just throw things together in flash and hope that they will work. Websites are a form of art and graphical design and should represent that - heck, the website is about drama and artistic value... that should be the most important aspect of the site!

Okay, I've tried to be constructive and point out your mistakes, rather than just belittling you. However, I cannot deny that this is the most hideous website I have see in years and it does not have a single redeeming feature. I advice using HTML and starting a design in a program like FrontPage or Dreamweaver - Flash is really not desirable for basing an entire website around.

I hope you take all my criticisms to heart and that you can come back with a better website to show that you have learnt from your mistakes. Good luck.

oh my......this is not very good..... :no: ......my advice is....more HTML less Flash.....also the flashin buttons could cause seizures :yes:

Ok ... end of this thread ,please any moderator close this topic ...i understood the point of designing ...takes time until you become a professional ... and not everyone loves flash .. in front of me there's summer ,I have the time needed .

Good Luck to you, but I would suggest if you wanted to do this professionally.....

don't.

586019978[/snapback]

As much as I wish to agree here, I can't. GROOVYDESIGNER or w/e your nick is. DO NOT be discouraged by people poking fun. Your a kid ffs, when I started webdesign, my pages looked much worse than that and had less interactivity etc.

Here's what I suggest:

-Seek professional help (not mentally... Try and find a webdesign class or something you can attend).

-Buy magazines such as Creative Arts (a little expensive but well worth it..)

-Do not follow 3rd rate tutorials on the web

-Experiment with your styles 'til you find something that suits you

-Do not get discouraged!

This all I can really offer to help, but good luck in your future. Whether you become a designer or not, let this be a lesson to you. Practice makes perfect.

OK then ... I'll try something by myself and see if I succed

586009503[/snapback]

That's a great attitude you've got there. Will you guys stop giving him a hard time? He's saying that he'll learn and do better. Why say all these negative comments about him? I'm sure if he took some clases in Photoshop and Webdesign he could make a decent living. Stop giving this guy a hard time and be a welcoming community.

As much as I wish to agree here, I can't. GROOVYDESIGNER or w/e your nick is. DO NOT be discouraged by people poking fun. Your a kid ffs, when I started webdesign, my pages looked much worse than that and had less interactivity etc.

Here's what I suggest:

-Seek professional help (not mentally... Try and find a webdesign class or something you can attend).

-Do not get discouraged!

This all I can really offer to help, but good luck in your future. Whether you become a designer or not, let this be a lesson to you. Practice makes perfect.

586020034[/snapback]

That is some great advice. I am not a designer but a programmer but the same still applies. When i first started my cooding was horrible and all over the place. But as the saying goes practice makes perfect and i am now doing it professionally.

Find a learning style that suits, read a book, look at other example and try to replicate what they did tutorials many options. People learn different ways i found i learnt PHP and mySQL better when i looked at exisiting code and disected itself rather then following guides, tutorials or reading a book.

*Pale/subtle colours are nice

*Choose a font which is legible (and one that is not so easily identifiable that comes with windows!)

*If you are going to use rounded rectangles, don't squash them like on the buttons

*Flash is great but don't use it for the sake of it

*Put the .swf in an .html such that it does not stretch to fit the browser

*In general it is a bad idea to put the text of a site over photographs unles the font is big and the contrast in colour very strong

Think about the colour scheme before redesigning this site.

Here's what I suggest:

-Do not get discouraged!

586020034[/snapback]

That's a great attitude you've got there. Will you guys stop giving him a hard time? He's saying that he'll learn and do better. Why say all these negative comments about him? I'm sure if he took some clases in Photoshop and Webdesign he could make a decent living. Stop giving this guy a hard time and be a welcoming community.

586020075[/snapback]

That is some great advice.  I am not a designer but a programmer but the same still applies.  When i first started my cooding was horrible and all over the place.  But as the saying goes practice makes perfect and i am now doing it professionally.

Find a learning style that suits, read a book, look at other example and try to replicate what they did tutorials many options.  People learn different ways i found i learnt PHP and mySQL better when i looked at exisiting code and disected itself rather then following guides, tutorials or reading a book.

586020099[/snapback]

*Pale/subtle colours are nice

*Choose a font which is legible (and one that is not so easily identifiable that comes with windows!)

*If you are going to use rounded rectangles, don't squash them like on the buttons

*Flash is great but don't use it for the sake of it

*Put the .swf in an .html such that it does not stretch to fit the browser

*In general it is a bad idea to put the text of a site over photographs unles the font is big and the contrast in colour very strong

Think about the colour scheme before redesigning this site.

586020277[/snapback]

Thanks for all your comments ... can you please PM me with your msn messenger email if you have ...I'd like to talk to you personally..

Eh, it seems like everyone loves to say groovydesigner's websites suck. I must agree that they aren't professionally made, but I'm sure when you all first started out you sucked, too. Remember, everyone isn't a professional.

Kudos to everyone who actually told him how to improve! (Y)