WWDC 2005 - keynote links

I can see them doing this. There is already a set of software that can emulate the needed architecture from a company called Transitive Software. I've read about their stuff over the past few months and I think they could do it.

Apple can switch over their hardware, insert an abstraction/emulation layer to allow the old code to run on the new OS, and then slowly allow their applicatin makers to port the software to the new underlying OS as schedules allow.

I guess until the keynote, Neowin will be running rampant with all the little experts... "Transitive!" "Intel making PPC!". I can't wait till this is over...

I guess until the keynote, Neowin will be running rampant with all the little experts..

586024227[/snapback]

oh yes the damm annoying little critters :laugh:

good thing the keynote is in a few hours

If it is false, where is the usual flurry of denials from the companies mentioned?

With Apple, there is rarely a 'flurry of denials', if any at all.

586024346[/snapback]

They have denied this in the past, as has intel and amd. This time however they are quiet all around.

Add one more to the list of articles, read this and I'm sure you'll get really p!ss off... :

Apple Expected to Announce Move to Intel Today

586023864[/snapback]

Well Thurrott's not being self-centered is he? :rolleyes:

And what kinda sentence is this?....

"News flash time, Apple fanatics. Despite the fact that I tend to be more forthright about Apple's problems that most of you, I'm on your side."

look...it's all spaculation up to this point....but however...if Steve do announce the switch to Intel...

I will be on with my stock broker so fast and my PB will go on eBay so fast....I will even scare my self...

look...it's all spaculation up to this point....but however...if Steve do announce the switch to Intel...

I will be on with my stock broker so fast and my PB will go on eBay so fast....I will even scare my self...

586024480[/snapback]

I don't think you should drop your stock dude. I just bought more.

And yeah...go ahead and put that powerbook on ebay. Set a really high reserve and do a short auction.:)