• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

How often does ur XP crash

How often do you get a BSOD on XP  

442 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

sourc3    0

I was wondering how often do you get a BSOD. Ok I really dont want to count the ones you get because of your own mistake like installing a corrupted driver or something !!!

bob_loblaw    3

On my old Compaq before I reformatted (for the 10th time) I use to get it every other hour. Few times a day. Or everytime I click Start. :no:

Doesnt happen as much anymore though.

Bloodwork    0

Never since the 2 years I've had it

dacris2000    0

Surprisingly, I've never gotten a BSOD on my laptop. I think if your hardware is stable and has good drivers, XP will not crash. Unlike what many people think, XP does not crash "when it feels like it". Very different from Win98 which would crash on me every week or so.

Draconian Guppy    13,037

BSOD only when bad hardware such as RAM, or when windows hangs but because of Trojans or viruses, other than that XP pro is quite stable as a home server :)

• Like 1

habtro    0

never got it :)

I clean my com and defrag it once every week, however if i put too much workload to the com, it crashes :s

Especially when i'm using Photoshop CS2, it takes 500MB+ of memory!!!! ouch!

Andrew Lyle    336

i dont get it... my system seems to really own :D

its been what... 9 months since i installed windows?

dafox    35

once a month sounds about right but it wouldnt happen if i didnt o/c my pc to the hilt. my 9600 pro must hate me but damn does it fly.

GrandMaster    487

im not a ****ty noob... never

HoochieMamma    714

I usually get those BSOD only when I'am doing things i know I shouldn't (like putting on leaked GFX card drivers etc). Other then that I would never get them.

xplatinum    63

It's not whether or not your XP crashes, but WHAT makes it crash. Always related to something else than the OS itself.

mitch00    0

In my ~2.5 years with WinXP, i have never had a BSOD. Its frozen many times (usually when running real memory intensive apps (i *only* have 512mb> like CS2 as mentioned above) but thats solved with a quick process kill. Other then that my XP seems to be very stable.

saerdna    0

never. xp is the best desktop os.

kitteny_berk    0

very, very rarely, always through user error.

Ridgeburner    6

XP Crashes? :blink:

Pink Floyd    15

never did since the first day release

cork1958    1,617
never. xp is the best desktop os.

586022435[/snapback]

You said it all right there!!

I've never had one on any of my 4 XP boxes and have had XP since the day after it came out. Of course, never had one on W2K either. Hmm? What does that tell you?

EddieF    13

The only times my XP box has crashed is when it was my hardware's fault. I have since replaced what was causing the problem (think it was my ram) and never crash.

virtualmadden    2

Only time I ever had XP crash is when my laptop HD went out. The drive kept sending XP into continual reboots with BSOD. Anyway, bought a new Seagate and haven't had probs except those I create with my stupidity.

MGS4-SS    0
XP Crashes? :blink:

586022457[/snapback]

More than you think so ;)

I get it once a month. Actually, I get it everytime I use Windows (wich is once a month), thats why I use Ubuntu, more stable, lighter and easier.

Ridgeburner    6
More than you think so ;)

I get it once a month.  Actually, I get it everytime I use Windows (wich is once a month), thats why I use Ubuntu, more stable, lighter and easier.

586022498[/snapback]

That's VERY odd. I consider myself a power user / guru (call me big headed I could care less) and I do countless things with my computer from one end of the spectrum to the next, every single day and I never have ONCE, since i obtained XP Corp a few months before it's release, had a crash.

Not quite sure what the problem is with other people's XP installs, PEBCAK is all I can say :laugh:

orestes    0

never on my 3 home machines...and never on the 26 XP machines I admin at work.

amr_01    0

only happened a few times, and it's usually because of something i did.

Post-It Note    0

More than a year ago, but that was due to bad drivers. It's been fixed. In fact, it's not even the same computer anymore.

Although once, the entire OS bascially stopped working due to Flashget crashing but not closing. I couldn't ctrl-alt-del, I couldn't run any program, but the current programs still worked. Restarting just made it hang (but not stop repsonding), I had to press the reset button. I never expected that would happen from an NT kernel.

tch1005    1

As of now, from Aug 1st 2004,m it has never crashed... Not including when I was attacked by MSBlaster, and trashed my config... and in the near future, cuz i just jinxed my self...