442 members have voted

1. 1. How often do you get a BSOD on XP

• Every week
    • Every month
    • Every 3 months
    • Every 6 months or so
    • More than a year
    • Never got it

Never, without me doing something stupid.

I had some BSODs and everytime it was my mistake:

1. extreme overclocking: BSOD

2. unsigned drivers for a motherboard which is a newer model than the one I got.

3. I tried to move the tower a few inches, and I dropped it :) while the computer was on. And the hard drive failed when I dropped it. So I got a BSOD.

4. Hot-unplug the SATA drive, being my OS drive. I was trying to see how far the hot-swapping of SATA protocol would go.

Can you believe it? There are people who still support Win98SE as the best MS operating system, better than winXP and more stable...

You should never get a BSOD if you take care of your machine, and the software you install.

That's why I havent ;)

my desktop crashes about once every two weeks...always due to 'delay write failed'

my laptop has never really crashed, unless a program i was working on accidentally caused it :)

I have to say as a Apple and Linux Fanboy,

my WinXP has not crashed on me in over a year now and i push it hard with Oracle 9i Server installed and other server tools, it is the best Windows yet

what have i said :pinch:

Bout 5-10 times times

Only because i was using conflicting software in which i knew that they would conflict, and so, the crashes/BSOD were expected.

Otherwise, been working a dream.

Bow down to the dude that said treat XP well and it'll return the favour. And as most people here rarely/never get crashes, it's good to know neowinians know what they're doing :)

I have to say as a Apple and Linux Fanboy,

my WinXP has not crashed on me in over a year now and i push it hard with Oracle 9i Server installed and other server tools, it is the best Windows yet

what have i said :pinch:

586024448[/snapback]

I agree I never crash, in well over a year.

Windows XP w/Service Pack 2 is my favorite OS. Period.

I hate Linux and Mac and Windows Snobs. I like all the OS's but XP SP2 is the best by far in my opinion.

More than a year ago, and it was actually my fault for installing a bad driver that was not for XP, This is a VERY stable and rock solid OS. I love it :)

Only when i had a bad stick of memory in :happy:

586022967[/snapback]

same here. took me a total of 5 minutes to fix it.

i've been using xp since it was released and i've never had a software/os-based crash.

since 2001 i seen BSOD, maybe twice, that that was my fault

other then that i crashes sometimes, especially now with Guild Wars it crashes often.

but this is the only game that it crashes with, so i blame the game, there gotta be some issue with it.

other then that, it never crashes with any applications

i crash regulary...f*****g flakey software!!! (not XP) XP is sweet as a button unless i contract some virus which has only happened twice... i dont count the msn virus as it is as week as ****... any1 else agree with me? great deployment but it doesnt really do much and was far too easy to get rid of.

Oh sometimes i crash when some poorly coded game pushes my pc 2 far and too hot causing it too reboot. not xp's fault tho.