442 members have voted

1. 1. How often do you get a BSOD on XP

• Every week
    • Every month
    • Every 3 months
    • Every 6 months or so
    • More than a year
    • Never got it

The only time I had a BSOD in WinXP is when I installed a bad stick of memory. Other than that, I have never had a software-related BSOD happen.

About once a year. Mainly due to the fact that the system is smack bang on the edge of instability, it stays stable, but that once in a while it crosses the line. *Wishes CPU's could be adjusted 0.1Mhz*

i never in the life of windows computing have i gotten a real bsod. only through my own error have i gotten that bsod screen.. (bad wifi driver, conflicted with something)

The same as most driver error (sound card) and ATI driver failure. I can imagine what developers will have to do design drivers for the Mactel machines.

for XP and 2003,

on intel mobo: very rare to see a crash, don't remember last time it crashed.

on AMD mobo: crashes more often.

so, its not the OS, but more of hardware.

Never really get the BSOD. Got it after I first built my computer, and found out it was a problem with my RAM working in dual channel mode, since then haven't had a single problem.

XP Pro since it came out. Never crashed or had a BSOD. Rock Solid, but I guess good housekeeping and a happy marriage of hardware helps as well.

I have only seen a BSOD twice in my life on my home comps.

Now freezing, meaning it is just totally unresponsive, well that happens a little more often, 95% while playing a game, and usually some sound stuttering right before the freeze as well. So I am assuming that is driver related, and my bet is on my Audio drivers as well.