442 members have voted

1. 1. How often do you get a BSOD on XP

• Every week
    • Every month
    • Every 3 months
    • Every 6 months or so
    • More than a year
    • Never got it

Back when I had Win98SE and WinMe they would crash on pretty much a daily basis and Win2k crashed a couple times but ever since I got Win XP it never once crashed on me.

Back when I had Win98SE and WinMe they would crash on pretty much a daily basis and Win2k crashed a couple times but ever since I got Win XP it never once crashed on me.

586043063[/snapback]

Yes the same for me too.... :yes:

I build computers as a side job and I find that if you dont have good drivers and hardware, then that will raise the chances of crashes. Its all in how you mix it all together. Keeping an eye on the event viewer will tell you alot about how stable your computer is.

My XP has only crashed very rarely like a few times a year, it has hung for a long time though on some occasions.

on intel mobo: very rare to see a crash, don't remember last time it crashed.

on AMD mobo: crashes more often.

586026296[/snapback]

Wow. you must buy crappy AMD mobos.

i got bsod only once in my history (on xp that is)... and it was because my memory was getting corrupted, and I don't think there exists a system that can stand loosing half of his memory :)

Basically never these days, and it was ~3 years since last install. *knocks wood* :)

It's not running sluggish either, so those reinstalling often are either wasting their time or careless computer users IMHO. ;) Or poor/faulty hardware, but then reinstalls won't help.

The only times it's happened to me is when I've had bad drivers or hardware, that I can recall.

Every f**kin week.  :angry:  Its kind of a ritual now.

586047062[/snapback]

Then you have really bad or really cheap hardware. With good hardware and drivers XP will not have problem with crashes period.

Ive got a system that I purchased in 2000 (700mhz P3, 40gb HDD, 128mb SDRAM) and installed xp two years ago. I have never had a problem since. Windows 98SE gave me crashes almost once every day.