[Review] Quicktime 7 Preview for PC

Okay, we have reached the dawn of a new age in media players. The next-gen movie players are coming in this year, first WMP 10 came out, I doubt Real comes out with something even bigger then RealPlayer 10 (formally known as RealPlayer, RealONE), but now Apple comes out with their (lucky?) 7th version of Quicktime.

Pros:

I see they have redesigned the Windows version a little bit, first it's a bit cleaner, and they even changed the style of the interface which looks more now like iTunes.

The video quality is much better than version 6, and now by default it classifies Mp4 video files (some of my DDR video collections are in MP4, looks like you are looking through a window of the venue it's at, that format gives a good framerate and quality in a small file). But still, even with DivX installed, it still CAN NOT open AVI's that are DivX encoded, this time even worse it crashes.

Even better, it blends in with my iBar Windowblinds skin!

Cons:

I hear there is no support for H.264 encoded movies yet, and as I explained before, still NO support for DivX movies, this time instead of a QT error, you get a Windows error.

Rating: 9 Smileys

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Much better than QT6, period!