WWDC 2005 - KEYNOTE AVAILABLE

Good Keynote, I enjoyed it. Stream was okay for the most part, pretty good quality.

I'm looking forward to see what things Apple and Intel can do together.

Good Keynote, I enjoyed it. Stream was okay for the most part, pretty good quality.

I'm looking forward to see what things Apple and Intel can do together.

586026852[/snapback]

What am I missing? The stream is totally unwatchable for me... poor quality, frequently stops and rebuffers.

What am I missing?  The stream is totally unwatchable for me... poor quality, frequently stops and rebuffers.

586026861[/snapback]

I watched it about an hour ago and the stream was fine. I just tried it again now and it was all screwed up so I don't know whats wrong :unsure:

I watched the entire stream without QT crashing on Tiger. There wasn't even that many artifacts like in previous years and the text is easily readble. I scaled it to twice the resolution and watched for the entire length. It seems very promising and makes me want one of the dev boxes. I think they hired new camera men because the camera seemed a little off at times. Like it was still zoomed in and not following something or other.

it is lagging for me as well right now all wait till later to watch it if i got ot but i knoticed since they sue the new h.264 codec the quality is so dang awsome.

Those struggling with the stream should set there connection speed in the Quicktime Prefs, will sort it out.

586026969[/snapback]

I tried that and it still crashes 13 secs in.

Worked for me, using Public Preview Quicktime 7 running on a 1.7 GHz 256 MB Windows XP Pro. I did lagged out at around 46:00 minutes though, probably because I had to keep on pressing the pause button...

Keynote was pretty great, Intel's CEO explained the move very wel:):)

Loved the "Intel Man" getting put out of flame:rofl:l:

Also, "Rosetta" is one cool technolog(Y)Y)

Radish?

586026769[/snapback]

haha...and what was with the forced hug Mr.Intel gave jobs when he came on stage:rofl:ofl:...it was like he walked into him and Jobs going...WTF are you doing?!:rofl:ofl:

anyways...back on business...it would almost seems that I can't stay mad at Jobs for a very long time...that key note have me convinced and I am ready to take on what Apple and intel have to offer..

with the 3 safety net apple have implanted...Xcode 2.1, Universial Binary and Rosetta (mind you is awsome), I really think Apple did its homework and have it worked out this time...I'm ready to do this thing...and the presentation was great...the guy from mathmatica was funny as hell... :rof:laugh:ugh: ...anyways...great show

--edit--

and are you sure you can't save it if you have the pro version:/..:/

Guys, if it's lagging for you (which it was for me after every 3 seconds or so), go back about 30 seconds, pause/play. Worked for me :)

All I can get is a ****ty 350 pixel feed. Anyone have a direct link to the high quality one?

586027135[/snapback]

Same here. Quality isn't what I would expect ... although it's slightly better than last years.

I was going to get Pro until I found an Automater Workflow that allows me to Full screen any video that will run in Quicktime all with overlay controls. Apple made it too easy and Automater too powerful, well, sweet really.

crashes quicktime 7 (osx) after loading it. The qualitys terrible. i wish it was h.264, and you could download instead of having to stream.?:((

586027575[/snapback]

It is H.264 when the server gives it to you right. You'll know when it starts with a blue screen with text. Trust me, it looks great.

post-11680-1118111845_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jstphish

crashes quicktime 7 (osx) after loading it. The qualitys terrible. i wish it was h.264, and you could download instead of having to stream. :(

crashes quicktime 7 (osx) after loading it. The qualitys terrible. i wish it was h.264, and you could download instead of having to stream.  :(

586027575[/snapback]

It is H.264. At least, I'm getting what appears to be an H.264 feed.