Police Officer Tazes Lady.

sorry for my ignorance, but what is this tazer? is it a kind of electric shocker or something?

586057634[/snapback]

yes

She was being uncooperative, but I think it was excessive, he could of pulled her out of the car without Tazing her, and even if he did Taze her, he didn't need to do it a second time, and demand that she put her hands behind her back in her incapacitated state!

586034686[/snapback]

that's true actually... even if the fact that he tazed her a first time was not really necessary in this case but is somewhat discutable, it's totally outrageous and unacceptable that he tazed her again when she was lying on the ground... he could've just placed her hands in her back without shocking her again since she was already neutralized.

This policeman should be fired on the spot

Dragging someone out of a vehicle, not seeing their hands, not seeing the other passengers hands, is absoulutely ludicrous. They could whip a weapon out from their clothing, under the seat, under their bodies, between their legs, between the seats, just about anywhere. The tazer eliminates their ability to do that. When someone is on the ground face down and not placing their hands in a vulnerable position, the policeman faces the same problem. The suspect could still have weapons in their clothing.

If policemen only got shot when they expected it, they'd never be shot.

In the end, the woman wasn't hurt--wasn't even bruised--and the cops never had to take any risks.

Then everybody is a threat to the police.  Let's just tazer everybody then.  :rolleyes:

I'm sorry, but to skip right to the point, I don't think that if she was a white woman that she would have been tazered even once, nevermind twice.

586056565[/snapback]

she also wouldnt have given them as much attitude either :laugh:

This is awful. Imagine that was your own mother who wanted (and has the right to have) the officer's name. Yes, she was not 100% O.K. herself, but she DID NOT pose an immediate threat to anybody's life. You can say that she "desreved it" (which is an highly subjective claim and I do not agree with) but the fact is that you do not cause pain to someone just because they "desreve it", you may do that only to save lives when you don't have any other option left.

P.S. - Maybe that was just a comedy act or something similar. I really hope so. If not, again, this is awful.

586033982[/snapback]

I'm so sick of people saying.. "If it was your <insert relative here>"

It wasn't. So thats pretty dumb. The woman was stupid and even if it was my mom I'd yell at her for being so stupid.

GET OFF THE PHONE!!!!

When will police officers learn that this weapon should only be used for defence!

- Brent

586036468[/snapback]

Tasers, like OC spray, are not designed as a defensive weapon. Guns are. Tasers are used for uncooperative subjects who are not immediately threatening. Just like this woman. He probably could've OC'd her, but then she might have tried to drive off.

Put a cop on the defensive and you'll get shot, not tased.

This lady should have been tazed more times for not putting her shoes on fast enough, for moaning on the ground too long...

She totally deserved the first one. The second one, probably not. Although I probably would have done it several times if I was that officer. :devil: