What software do you design your website's in?

Question

Just curious what you all use to design and organize your site's. I use Frontpage 2003, but I feel that I am kind of growing out of it. What do most people use?

Tell me what you use and if you have one, show me your best site, thanks!

Macromedia Dreamweaver MX 2004 for the coding (including the code editor, I code most of it by hand, certainly the CSS). Macromedia Fireworks MX 2004 for the graphics (specifically designed for web graphics, does the job perfectly if you know what you're doing).

WordPad, and now PHPed for PHP, Dreamweaver for my CSS and HTML, Fireworks for simple things, Photoshop for complex, yet sweet graphics.

Code: Notepad++ and Crimson Editor.

Graphics: Photoshop and Inkscape (for vector graphics).

so to everyone, does Dreamweaver do the same thing as FrontPage pretty much, only more advanced?

...and also, why does everyone use a notepad so much, like what do you do in there that you cannot do it the actual design program?

I use EditPlus under Windows and Kate under Linux.

I do some php development, I'm on the dev team for e107 http://e107.net, but not active lately.

The only site I run is my bands site http://2sdw.com.

I use a simple text editor because that is the way I learned to write code and I don't really spend a lot of time on it anyway.

Illustrator I use exclusively for all my designing needs. I then go into Dreamweaver, or Flash. Notepad for edits here and there.

I hear the pro notepads are good. Lots of syntax goodies.

bR

...and also, why does everyone use a notepad so much, like what do you do in there that you cannot do it the actual design program?

586052387[/snapback]

When you say "design program" i'm assuming that you mean WYSIWYG. Well, some people like to know what they are doing in their code, making it easier and more structured so you can fix bux and improve the site easier...

for designing a layout to the site, i use pen and paper ;)

to create the design i use photoshop and maybe sometimes illustrator.

and to create and the site i use dreamweaver sometimes frontpage and sometimes notepad(if i can be bothered)