What software do you design your website's in?

Question

Just curious what you all use to design and organize your site's. I use Frontpage 2003, but I feel that I am kind of growing out of it. What do most people use?

Tell me what you use and if you have one, show me your best site, thanks!

Even God (if you're a Creationist) abided by rules (that, admittedly, He made up Himself) when He created the universe (laws of physics, matter<->energy relationships etc.). Creativity couldn't be a bigger factor if you start "without form and void" :)

That was all very inspired stuff until you got to this last bit.

Irrelevant of the fact that I'm actually an Aphiest (spelling ?) due to being forced to Sunday school for years when younger.

What gives you the impression, or the confidence to express as fact, that 'God' did abide by the rules of gravity, matter, physics or energy. He created the world, he didn't live in it. But that's irrelevant as it's all conjecture unless faith is enough fact for you.

Dreamweaver, NVU, notepad and certainly not the W3Validator as long as my site renders in IE, FF and Opera I 'm certainly not likely to downgrade my code to pseudo standards...hell even Mozillazine website does not comply...useless

What gives you the impression, or the confidence to express as fact, that 'God' did abide by the rules of gravity, matter, physics or energy.  He created the world, he didn't live in it.

586068295[/snapback]

Me, I'm agnostic. A creator (deity or otherwise) isn't necessarily in a place that has physical laws to abide by, but the creation most certainly is if it is to be viewed in such a place.

Anyhoo, enough esoterics. Do you sculpt stone with a paintbrush? You could, but the "standard" is to use a chisel. Sometimes absolute choice has to bow down to the bleeding obvious. Same thing with web pages. Actively avoiding standards will cause you grief.

Photshop

Dreamweaver MX (<---- Love php coding in it)

Notepad2 (<--- I really love that program)

Filezilla (IMO the best open source ftp client)

Me, I'm agnostic. A creator (deity or otherwise) isn't necessarily in a place that has physical laws to abide by, but the creation most certainly is if it is to be viewed in such a place.

I don't know if you realise you just confirmed my point? The creator isnt in the place the creation is taking place.

For me though it's not a question of whether or not the place the deity/creator is in has physical laws to abide by, but rather that the creator has no physical presence at all. Being an athiest and viewing the world through a scientists eyes I liken the deity/creator in this sense to that of evolutionary creation.

Anyhoo, enough esoterics. Do you sculpt stone with a paintbrush? You could, but the "standard" is to use a chisel. Sometimes absolute choice has to bow down to the bleeding obvious. Same thing with web pages. Actively avoiding standards will cause you grief.

Your point has some rough edges though as their is 'choice' in that equasion.. the choice of chisel. Technically I am 'inactively' avoiding standards though, because for the most part I am oblivious to their existence. I'm not going out of my way to disobey them.

Creativity has always forged ahead by pushing aside the rules to explore a new path outside of the accepted norms. Rules govern uniformity and conformity by design. If you took 9 people and said paint this following these rules.. and told 1 there were no rules.. paint this as expressively as you wish in any way you wish. Chances are high that the one not conforming will have a distinctively more creative and personal outcome.

Guess I'm a creationist ;)

the thing is everything you can do without following the standards can also be achieved by following the standards, however if the standards are followed the site has more chance in working in untested browsers, including screen readers etc, and are also usually considerably smaller in filesize, saving a lot of bandwidth. so its not about being able to do more by not following standards.

Photoshop & Dreamweaver. Two most handy programs you can have.

I mostly use Frontpage for the GUI part of the site, then finetune in Notepad.

I also use Dreamweaver and Notepad for PHP and other languages/scripts.

EditPlus: XHTML, CSS, JavaScript, and PHP.

Photoshop 7: Graphics.

Internet Explorer 6, Firefox 1.1 Deer Park Alpha, and Opera 8.01: Testing.

Apache, PHP, MySQL: Server.