No High Definition in Revolution: Nintendo

Increasing resolution doesn't increase the resolution of textures, shadowing, lighting. Just the framebuffer needs to be larger. The the developer only has to make those more detailed if they want to. HD does not take up more space on the disc either, only if the developer wants the higher res textures.

And surprise surpise, Xbox 360 has 10MB dedicated to that purpose. It's able to pump out 720p with a very insignificant framerate hit. Seriously it won't be hard to hit 30 fps at all.

Nintendo's already using a dedicated framebuffer on the GameCube, so it's not as if they can't do it again, just with a bigger one for the extra res. This isn't a completely foreign idea to them.

586074381[/snapback]

Ugh but keeping lower textures at a higher resolution. The game is supposed to visually look good. If you use the same textures for 480p why even have HD. Almost every PC game has high res textures that they scale down for lower resolutions, not the other way round. Also it will take up more disc space if they decide to use movies.

I am disappointed that there will be no HD support, but I'd still rather go with Nintendo for the titles. Zelda, Metroid, and Mario are my favs......I grew up with them.....know your roots! :D