Dissapointed in the Cyberhome DVR1600

WorfsPonytail

even at the "HQ" 1 hour record length there is some artifacting (looks like when you over compress a jpeg image, little blocks around the edges of things), but its tolerable i guess.... although, what good does that do me? a single hour of video on an entire dvd and its not even that great of quality?

it gets worse with each step up.

i was hoping for at least the 2 hour setting to be completely artifact free :(

this may have to go back to the store...

do you guys think this is because its a cheap player with bad compression algorithms, or are all dvd recorders like this?

Edited by xdjoynerx
bangbang023

dude return it to best buy (I'm assuming that's where you got it) and save up for one of the cheaper panasonic recorders. That cyberhome is a piece of crap and a half.

WorfsPonytail

well... some more cons about this pos.

start up to watching tv time w/ disc inserted = 25 seconds :x

this thing also gets unbelievably hot, the discs and player feel like they both get over 100 degrees.

i dont know what to do... i really want a dvd recorder for cheap but this thing just ****ing sucks.

Tiger.Girl

You get what you pay for, expect to pay at least double for a good one

WorfsPonytail

returned the cyberhome to best buy...

what do you think of the panasonic e55? it has more reviews & a higher rating (second highest rated of ALL dvd recorders regardless on price) http://www.videohelp.com/dvdrecorders.php?&orderby=Rating, its on clearance at best buy for 180, and theres and open box for 160.

Galley

Wait a few months for the Sony RDR-GX315. Dual-layer recording, firewire, slim chassis, $300.

WorfsPonytail

i just bought a new computer and dont raelly want to sped that much. i think im gonan get the panasonic e55 or es10 (most likely the es10 since its newer and has support for more media)