[HELP] Sending Files!

A friend and I send files to eachother all the time they range from 1mb to 3gigs of files What would be the quickest way to send a file from me to him or Vise versus.

We have used Aol Instant messenger in the past but it does not do either of our connections any justice, we both use Highspeed cable. and live like 5 miles apart but through AIM we achive a max of like 40kbs

ANYBODY HELP PLEASE!

Cable download is fast, but not uploading. The reason you top out at 40 is because that's most likely the fastest upload speed you can achieve through the internet. Basically, you're stuck at 40 unless you upgrade. If you live 5 miles apart, why not bring one of your comps to each other? Or, put it on a CD-RW or DVD-RW.

1. Don't bump your thread so soon

2. Try setting up a ftp server on one of the computers, then you can either upload or download from there to get the file.

1. Don't bump your thread so soon

2. Try setting up a ftp server on one of the computers, then you can either upload or download from there to get the file.

586064233[/snapback]

1. Sorry

2. we have tryed FTP wasnt any faster infact we thought it was slower

if ftp and aim are giving you slow speeds, then you are not going to get faster speeds any other way over the internet. The only faster way is physically transfering it with cds

I'd think, the fastest thing you can use is DCC through most IRC clients (e.g. mIRC). It would be a direct connection between you two. It's what I use most often when transferring large files and find that it gets the best from mine/the other's connection.

1. Buy a few DVD-Rs.

2. Burn.

3. Go to your friends house.

4. Insert discs.

4. Copy contents.

5. Eject.

6. Go home.

You mentioned uncapping you're broadband connection. That's probably illegal, your ISP won't be happy if/when they find out and I see no possible way for it to be easier than my 6-step guide to transferring large files. :p

Yeah to uncup to your upload speed you probaly just have to edit the firmware of your modem or whatever u use to connect from the outside in. In Australia its illegal.