How much of a sacrifice in quality is there in converting

Thinking about buying a Samsung tv which looks like doesn't support 720 natively. Standard for the x360 is 720p though and the x360 is one of the main reasons I'm buying a hdtv. Don't want to buy something now just to be disappointed months down the road. Is there quality loss from the conversion?

which samsung tv are you looking at? Most newer models, including their slimtube 30" hdtv support 720 or 788p natively.

are you positive? I have these at work and the stats on them clearly state they support 720p. Only CRT I've seen at work to support it so far.

http://product.samsung.com/cgi-bin/nabc/pr...XR3079WHX%2fXAA

That's the one.  It's not listed in the specs but mentioned in the manual.  Figured since it doesn't show it in the specs the tv doesn't support it natively.

586066423[/snapback]

What do you mean its not mentioned in the specs? Are you looking on the same freaking page you posted?? right on the right;

post-14624-1118805497_thumb.jpg

Then CEARLY laid out in the SPECs sheet is what your asking about..

post-14624-1118805535_thumb.jpg

Maybe before you go get a HDTV you should have your EYES checked -- HD is pretty much pointless if your BLIND! ;)

Well, I didn't see it either on that site because I didn't download the spec sheet. Either way, the set is simply breath taking. If I had the cash, I would snatch it up in a second.

What do you mean its not mentioned in the specs?  Are you looking on the same freaking page you posted??  right on the right;

Then CEARLY laid out in the SPECs sheet is what your asking about..

Maybe before you go get a HDTV you should have your EYES checked -- HD is pretty much pointless if your BLIND! ;)

:p if you click on the spec link at the bottom 480 and 1080 are only listed. I didn't even see the link for the spec sheet :)

bangbang: so the tv looks nice? i had to cancel my vaca for this summer so I'm going to have some extra money. I wanted to get a dlp tv but to be honest i don't need anything bigger than the 30" for now this look like it could satisfy needs for a while. Plus, it being less than $1,000 sure does help the decision :)

:p if you click on the spec link at the bottom 480 and 1080 are only listed.  I didn't even see the link for the spec sheet :)

bangbang:  so the tv looks nice?  i had to cancel my vaca for this summer so I'm going to have some extra money.  I wanted to get a dlp tv but to be honest i don't need anything bigger than the 30" for now this look like it could satisfy needs for a while.  Plus, it being less than $1,000 sure does help the decision :)

586066817[/snapback]

The ste is gorgeous. Awesome HD quality and one of the best SD pictures I've seen.

The ste is gorgeous. Awesome HD quality and one of the best SD pictures I've seen.

586066873[/snapback]

thanks...that's all I needed to know :) I may actually pick one up in July then.