AutoPatcher Translation Packs

well, it may sound also a silly question, but... i've realized a few days ago that one update for windows xp that should be pt-br (kb831240 - High-MAT) ins't pt-br for all. it is pt-br to those that install xp in some place at the midle of last year. but to those that have his system running without any reinstall, it is, in fact, pt-pt. and if you try install a pt-br over it, it will not install, because is the same version. so, if detection for that is:

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\HMTCDWrite

InstallLanguage

it will be showed also installed to some people and for others, don't. and everytime that those guys run AP, AP will try install again that pt-br version of kb831240, but it will not works, since they already have the same version in pt-pt (2070). ins't really a big problem, i know. is just more like a cosmetic thing. but is possible add 2 LCID also possible detections, since keep ANY_LCID doesn't work?

thanks in advance

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

I am this much sad.......

I am a dilup user 112kbps from India...

I downloaded full version of Autopatcher XP January 2007.(With almost a sleepless night)

At last it was in some unknown language...

It says an error and exits the setup(Not Autopatcher Instalation)

post-200849-1170318145.jpg

Please help me......

Can i change it to my language... Please...

This was the setup file that i downloaded...

Name: AutoPatcher_XP_Jan2007_NLD_FULL.exe

My OS version details:Microsoft Windows XP Professional SP2 Build 2600

Language:English(U.S.)

I dont know what language version i downloade...

Please help me...I will be very thankful.....

Since you're running the English Windows XP, you should have downloaded the English version of AutoPatcher, not the Dutch one.

The only way you have is to download the correct version...

• 2 weeks later...

February 2007 translation packs added, i'm sure you'll be able to download them from littlbuger soon

btw, i'll be updating the translation documentation (inc nsis install script) next month when we move to ap v5.6!

^ you should be able to do it with module editor v2.0.8. i'm not sure if i've included the version that does it or not, if not it'll be included next month (or a newer one), you'll be able to go to file > batch conversion to 5.6, and point it to your modules folder to convert them. you'll probably have to do further work, for example specifying wmp requirements, but this'll all be explained next month ;)

I need help

Well.. i'm from Brazil, just found out about autopatcher and love it... great idea, so as i saw, there isnt much updates in portuguese pt-br :( ... i decided to translate it to ptb .... but im a bit lost.. even reading the how to...

the release that im current translating is feb-2007, ive downloaded the feb2007-enu, and im using it to translate.. but there is some other release called translation pack? whats the difference?

well i did not found it on littlebug's site :(

what i'm doing

in the modules folder \ criticals ....

i open the .amc using AME, and change the stuff that needs to be changed, download the -PTB version fron ms site, put on the folder of the security patch, delete the -ENU (of course i change to -PTB on the script section in AME)

and save it as xxxxxx-ptb.amc

so what about the .lst? just need to rename the file?

and about packing an update package? how should i do?

Hope i get some awnsers.... sorry about the bad english :p

cya

> so as i saw, there isnt much updates in portuguese pt-br

tasso, please search a little bit. i've started AP pt-br a few months ago and last month (jan), it was signed by AP team. for feb, the update release is already uploaded, since Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2007 14:37:33 -0800 (PST)

the link to download that udate released was sended by pm to gondolas sign at that date (by the way: english release was released that day too). also you well know, the last week was carnaval and please, don't think that it is just here. there's carnaval even on japan, made by brazilians mostely, but there's. and a lot of people go, even if thay aren't brazilian. some people take vacations, this sort of thing at this time too. sometimes, the people take vacations, become bussy, etc at that time too. also you well know too, there's only 3 people that can sign that. raptor, theblazingangel and raptor. now, take a look at this topic. can you see in there any other release than english? no. and you know why? they are bussy for now, just that. do you say any other country saying something about it? don't. and you know why? they know wait. unfortunelly, i can't see that kind of behavior from people from my own country. so, please, just wait a little. takes 9 months to you born, a few days more waiting will not kill anybody. anyway, next month AP engine will change and a lot of work must be done...

> so what about the .lst?

that is the signature. only raptor, theblazingangel and gondolas can do that. and, by the way, there's a translation pack. it's far more easy choose that to build from scrach

> and about packing an update package? how should i do?

well, first you need read the first page of this topic. read carefully this:

How To Guide (v1.2.3)

Setup File Notes (v1.1.7)

Packing Guide (v2.1)

Files required for packing (v2.1.3)

then, you need download a translation pack. you can found in there the files that you need to pack

> so as i saw, there isnt much updates in portuguese pt-br

tasso, please search a little bit. i've started AP pt-br a few months ago and last month (jan), it was signed by AP team. for feb, the update release is already uploaded, since Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2007 14:37:33 -0800 (PST)

the link to download that udate released was sended by pm to gondolas sign at that date (by the way: english release was released that day too). also you well know, the last week was carnaval and please, don't think that it is just here. there's carnaval even on japan, made by brazilians mostely, but there's. and a lot of people go, even if thay aren't brazilian. some people take vacations, this sort of thing at this time too. sometimes, the people take vacations, become bussy, etc at that time too. also you well know too, there's only 3 people that can sign that. raptor, theblazingangel and raptor. now, take a look at this topic. can you see in there any other release than english? no. and you know why? they are bussy for now, just that. do you say any other country saying something about it? don't. and you know why? they know wait. unfortunelly, i can't see that kind of behavior from people from my own country. so, please, just wait a little. takes 9 months to you born, a few days more waiting will not kill anybody. anyway, next month AP engine will change and a lot of work must be done...

> so what about the .lst?

that is the signature. only raptor, theblazingangel and gondolas can do that. and, by the way, there's a translation pack. it's far more easy choose that to build from scrach

> and about packing an update package? how should i do?

well, first you need read the first page of this topic. read carefully this:

How To Guide (v1.2.3)

Setup File Notes (v1.1.7)

Packing Guide (v2.1)

Files required for packing (v2.1.3)

then, you need download a translation pack. you can found in there the files that you need to pack

Sorry, i didnt mean to make you a bit mad about it.... i wasnt complaying about it, i just was trying to do something for the comunity and no.. im not in a hurry... but as i have a bit of knowledge i thought i could do something.

and im also sorry about not seen your work, i did saw the jan ap pt-br and thanks for that.

as i saw u believe you own pt-br right to make it... and im fine with it... i offer my help if you want or need....

we can make it faster than just only 1 ppl...

i dont know what you do.. but i have 1mb link on a linux server... if you decide that you want help, i might host our files on a svn server witch would make it good and easy for us and the ppl that ill grab it when its done.

fell free to mail me.

cya

> we can make it faster than just only 1

in fact, that is true only for build AP from scrath. and even that, you need install it several times to be sure that you didn't anything wrong (and i fix pcs... so, you may be sure that i can test it in a lot of pcs). so, if you do it at 4 hands, you need translate, send, upload, receive feedback... i'm not sure if this work for this in a short time (because always there some people complains if takes more time than the english one. someone even say something about pt-pt release beeing released 1 week before the english one, also my fault not do the same with pt-br)

for updates, it us to be 10-12. to do one, takes 1 hour, maybe 2. takes more than that if you do at 4 hands.

> but i have 1mb link on a linux server.

download speed means almost nothing. upload, maybe, but for direct download, it's nearly impossible do. too many requests and needs a very good mirror in order to not crash. at home, i have an 800/320 IC. it isn't a nice upload, i know (i can made it better, if realy needed). but i have some friends with 100/100 mb ICs and they help mirroring at torrent/emule. really, may sounds nice a direct download, but people need have in mind that bandwith costs a lot of money and helps a lot if you download it by p2p. please, don't take it by wrong, but a 1mb server (even if it's 1 mb of upload) means nothing. just need 100 downloads to have a lot of corrupted downloads and just 10K for each. and believe me: at very beginning, any AP release have a lot more than 100 downloads at same time...

> we can make it faster than just only 1

in fact, that is true only for build AP from scrath. and even that, you need install it several times to be sure that you didn't anything wrong (and i fix pcs... so, you may be sure that i can test it in a lot of pcs). so, if you do it at 4 hands, you need translate, send, upload, receive feedback... i'm not sure if this work for this in a short time (because always there some people complains if takes more time than the english one. someone even say something about pt-pt release beeing released 1 week before the english one, also my fault not do the same with pt-br)

for updates, it us to be 10-12. to do one, takes 1 hour, maybe 2. takes more than that if you do at 4 hands.

> but i have 1mb link on a linux server.

download speed means almost nothing. upload, maybe, but for direct download, it's nearly impossible do. too many requests and needs a very good mirror in order to not crash. at home, i have an 800/320 IC. it isn't a nice upload, i know (i can made it better, if realy needed). but i have some friends with 100/100 mb ICs and they help mirroring at torrent/emule. really, may sounds nice a direct download, but people need have in mind that bandwith costs a lot of money and helps a lot if you download it by p2p. please, don't take it by wrong, but a 1mb server (even if it's 1 mb of upload) means nothing. just need 100 downloads to have a lot of corrupted downloads and just 10K for each. and believe me: at very beginning, any AP release have a lot more than 100 downloads at same time...

that means that u still dont want any kind of help.

be good.

if you with help seed or mirror it, no problem and it's a very nice thing to do. but i advice you that a direct download may kill your server in minutes. and i'm not joking about that. but about building it in 4 hands, for a single release, doesn't work.

• 1 month later...

KB925902 Patch Release

see here for info on the patch release

any translator who wishes to create a translation of this patch release can use the files attached (for the 2k/xp/2k3 32-bit releases).

in the zip file you'll find

a) an updated autopatcher.exe

b) files for all three releases, put the ones you need in \modules\critical\

to create a 'patch' release, just basically create an update release, but disable the full/lite page as per documentation, and name the file like AutoPatcher_XP_KB925902_x86_ENU_Patch.exe

kb925902_trans.zip

• 3 months later...

*** july 2007 addon packs added ***

the first to be based on autopatcher version 5.6!

It seems that all .apt files are encrypted... :x

Are we expected to make a clear translation from encrypted english ?

I need some training :woot:

Hoping a new delivery of 1033.apt.