AutoPatcher Translation Packs

About the italian translation

Like gargamella, I started the italian release of Autoaptcher. I think all things are done (text messages translated, italian hotfixes added, .NET framework repacked with SP1 and more...).

I have just done some tests and all seems to be ok. I am looking for an upload place, to make "AP Italian" available for you.

PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL MODULES ARE UNOFFICIAL

Take a look to the translation:

if someone understands Italian language, then could help me to "fine-tune" translated texts.

great :)

now pack the entire thing up into a zip file (.zip/.7z/.rar) and upload it either via yousendit.com or megauploads.com

use theblazingangel 'at' aol.com as the send to address in yousendit, or with megauploads, just send the link to that address afterwards

ill then check and encrypt it for you.

note, on the 11th the next batch of updates should come arrive, so be prepaired for a little work afterwards.

but next time youll only have to send the new and updates modules for checking!

I also try to translate Turkish one.  I only finished lng file. i sent it at below.

its difficult to prepare turkish package in english XP  :(. I need more time.

586662587[/snapback]

About the translation, are you going to use the Turkish downloads?? You are running an English XP, how are you going to test it all? That's very important to do.

Yes, I want to prepare Turkish one. And you right, i have to test it on Turkish XP. For this reason, i will get help from my friend which have Turkish xp.

But, i need a check-list for easy to prepare. or like this. because, its complicated to follow what am i do.

Yes, I want to prepare Turkish one. And you right, i have to test it on Turkish XP. For this reason, i will get help from my friend which have Turkish xp.

But, i need a check-list for easy to prepare. or like this. because, its complicated to follow what am i do.

586681167[/snapback]

A checklist? The best checklist is to use the TranslationPack. You can download it from the first topic! To make it easy for you, download one file. Change the description of this file from English to Turkish. Start AutoPatcher, select that file and install it. When all is okay and you start AutoPatcher again you'll see that the item installed is green in this case. If it is still red then it isn't correctly detected or installed.

Goodluck with it!

@Binus, documentation is provided in the first post along with the translation packs.

if you dont understand a step, let us know and well try to explain it better.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I've just began translating AutoPatcher into Turkish (I know, a Turkish lang file exists but it has too many mistakes so I started from the beginning) and came across a problem with Turkish characters.

Here is a screenshot to show you what's wrong with the characters:

aptr4cr.gif

As you can see, Turkish characters were changed with some letters which don't exist in Turkish alphabet and in some places, they seem to be not existing at all. Only one description seems to be working fine with Turkish characters.

Is there a way to fix this?

^ sorry, theres no way to fix this at the current time. maybe raptor will have it fixed in AutoPatcher 6 when he's done programming it, i dont know. for now you'll just have to use substitute characters

• 3 weeks later...

documentation heavily modified. packing info and files added.

documentation files also moved off site, not enough attachment space!

this means no more index.php error trying to download them, saves neowins bandwidth a little, and allows for more change logs to be stored! :)

these packages of language only serve to translate the program or have to have with the language of hotfixs to be installed? it has some problem in the installation? :blink:

^ there just for people wanting to make a translation of the main releases.

instead of downloading the large full english release, you can instead download this which contains all the files you would need from the full english release, and the documentation will walk you through what changes you need to make to it and what files you need to download and add to it.