5.1 hometheater sub + computer

ATLien_0

Im looking for a sub system or stereo reciever that has dolby digital input (orange rca input) and computer inputs (front/rear/center/sub). My current setup only has the dobly digital setup which is hooked into my computer. So when I play DVDs i get full digital, but everything else (games music) is stereo or pro logic. I want something for EAX games,. I know klipsch used to make something similar

• 2 weeks later...
Shroud

You just need to have a sound card on your computer that has SPDIF out and a Receiver that has a Coaxial Digital Input in and you should be all set. Before I moved to Europe, I had a Sound Blaster Audigy Soundcard that I ran SPDIF out to my Harman Kardon AVR 520 receiver. I then selected Digital Out in my soundcard configuration software that would pass a pure digital signal, (DD 5.1, DTS, etc...) to my receiver and my receiver would decode the signal and play the sound through my speakers. The cable that I used was from Radioshack and I believe it was an 8mm plug (soundcard side) to RCA jack (receiver side).

ATLien_0

thats my current setup, but for gaming if I want eax sound it wont work. Like If Im playing a war game and im being shot from the back left, I wann hear only the back left.

Shroud

Is the problem only with gaming or have you tried to play a dvd to see if all 5.1 channels work?

I read this in another forum and maybe worth a try to see if it will work. Try adjusting the EAX setting from the Soundblaster Utility to "no effects".

Shroud

Here is another solution for the same problem, however you need to plug into the analog side of your amp. More information can be found here, however the person who posted claims that he was able to get perfect EAX sound. Hope this works for you.

Link Here

ATLien_0

thanks i cant quite understand how he used that many rca cables to connect to just one input on the reciever?