What Browser Do You Use Now?  

1,759 members have voted

1. 1. What Browser Do You Use Now?

• Netscape 8.02
    • Internet Explorer 6
    • Opera 8.01
    • Firefox 1.06+
    • Internet Explorer 7

I prefer Firefox now, but I change my older version for the new one and sometime crashes :s I dont know why ... however it works better for me than IE :shifty:

I usually firefox for about everything... had to add so many tweaks to make it run smoother

I think that's why I'm sticking with IE, I really can't see any advantages when I use Firefox - no speed differences that I can see unless I start tweaking (I can't be arsed).

IE is secure enough for me (I know what I'm doing) although for someone like my Dad I may suggest FireFox etc because of the secuirty issues.

I'd rather not bog down my machine with more web browsers as I can't really start uninstalling IE so may as well stick with it - plus it's an industry standard (yeah OK, so it's not 100% W3C) so I know 99% of sites I visit will be fine which is something I found with FireFox it fails on because many web programmers have yet to catch up with just making sites for IE

$null vote

I tried to convert 100% to opera but the way they manage cookies just sucks and many sites dont work unless you allow allo primary and also allow all third

with these settings, you are stuck with all spam cookies from valueclick and these craps

Couldn't agree more. That's always been my one gripe with opera. I can't stand the way it manages cookies. It's absolutely horrible at that. I really liked everything else with it. I too gave it 100% a few times. But the cookies mess just ruined it for me every time. I've always liked that I can block all cookies (easily) with Firefox and just create exceptions for the sites I need. I'm gonna stick with FF.

Edited by RYFX

... I've always liked that I can block all cookies (easily) with Firefox and just create exceptions for the sites I need. I'm gonna stick with FF.

Opera can do this, so can IE. Actually I don't know any browser which cannot do this.

Maxthon now, with K-Meleon as a backup for fun, I'll go into IE to see what the deal is when Maxthon's Ad Hunter is blocking a page that I actually want to access.

Please elaborate. I'd like to know this. Link to info?

Thanks

In IE, go into Internet Options, select the Privacy Tab, click on Advanced and set first and third party cookies to block. You can also set exceptions for sites that you want to allow cookies because you need them (like staying logged into webmail or forums).