[HOWTO]Installing Slackware 10.1

Maybe this will take away some of the concern that people have in installing what is known as "the most Unix-like Linux".

Maybe this will take away some of the concern that people have in installing what is known as "the most Unix-like Linux".

586109819[/snapback]

Exactly why I decided to write this guide.

OMG..excellent tutorial if you wanna call it that.

And liek someone said, yes! we need more for other distro's!

edit: wtf do i have a warn for? [PM sent]

Edited by markjensen

^^ This isn't really the thread to ask about your warning level. PM a Supervisor please :)

Thanks for your positive comments guys! I might write a guide on Gentoo too. (too too :rofl:)

to add to that for users that have sata drives...when you enter the cd and it boots up, you'll need to use the sata.i kernel image so it'll boot into setup. glad 10.1 came with one, 10.0 was a pain with floppies. :)

to add to that for users that have sata drives...when you enter the cd and it boots up, you'll need to use the sata.i kernel image so it'll boot into setup. glad 10.1 came with one, 10.0 was a pain with floppies. :)

586114676[/snapback]

Thanks for the notice ace

slackware is my all time "no-nonsense" linux. :D

586123291[/snapback]

Hehe, it's awesome :)

It just works lol

One thing I would like to see for Slackware is huge repositories like Debian has... :blush:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Hehe, it's awesome  :)

It just works lol

One thing I would like to see for Slackware is huge repositories like Debian has...  :blush:

586124532[/snapback]

:yes:

Good guide.