Windows on Mactel

Not sure if it has already been confirmed by Apple or Windows or Intel for that matter, but eWeek have quoted an interview with an Apple executive that they will not prevent windows running on the new machines, but will not provide support or sell copies of the OS.

Source

[ Sorry for the typo in the thread name. ]

Edited by PlainLazy

This has been posted many times.

586109964[/snapback]

Sorry my mistake, I thought the idea was only discussed and not actually proven by any of the companies.

This thread can be deleted by mods if they wish.

Not sure if it has already been confirmed by Apple or Windows or Intel for that matter, but eWeek have quoted an interview with an Apple executive that they will not prevent windows running on the new machines, but will not provide support or sell copies of the OS.

Source

[ Sorry for the typo in the thread name. ]

586109851[/snapback]

Yeah. Not to beat a dead horse, but this was stated within hours of Jobs' keynote speech. As long as there are drivers for the hardware in the Intel-based Macs, Windows will run just fine. But don't expect Apple to provide any support in that regard.

Ok ok I get it lol jeez, I thought it was only an idea and not actually confirmed. Guess I need to pay better attention to the Keynote, cause I never picked it up :p

Sorry people.

Ok ok I get it lol jeez, I thought it was only an idea and not actually confirmed. Guess I need to pay better attention to the Keynote, cause I never picked it up  :p

Sorry people.

586110019[/snapback]

That's because it wasn't in the keynote itself. It was a statement by Paul Shiller immediately AFTER the keynote.