My multi region dvd player

I have a multi region dvd player, only a cheap one, it was about ?27. My question is I own a region 1 copy of shrek 2 and when I play this dvd I notice the colour isn't as sharp, and also the actual image isn't as good as a region 2 dvd, is there any actual reason behind this? Is it my cheap dvd player or just the way the different regions are displayed? any help would be great.

because its not PAL maybe? and region 2 discs will be

NTSC and PAL have different horizontal (or vertical, i forget) number of lines, so they do actually look different

sorry, thats the best explanation i can give without actually looking anything up :)

because its not PAL maybe? and region 2 discs will be

NTSC and PAL have different horizontal (or vertical, i forget) number of lines, so they do actually look different

sorry, thats the best explanation i can give without actually looking anything up :)

586120568[/snapback]

As far as I know, they have different FPS. NTSC has higher. But I doubt that will cause a noticble difference.

My tv has some ntsc options do you reckon I should fiddle around with them?

586120584[/snapback]

See if you can change it to PAL so it matches the fps

I'll have to play around with dvd settings and tv settings to see if I can match pal. Anyone know of a really good multi region dvd player under ?80?