US Television Manufacturers?

LMFAO FORD AND CHEVY AND THOSE BIG 3 DETRIOT MAKERS MOST OF THE PARTS IN THE CARS ARE MADE FROM OVERSEAS AND PUT A FORD OR GM LABEL ON IT. I KNOW A FRIEND WHO WORKS FOR THEM LOL

AMERICAN CAR = AMERICAN LOGO BUT WITH FOREIGN PARTS!!!

586147066[/snapback]

:rofl: so true

my brother works for "UPS Suply Chain Solutions" and they bring all GM Parts from overseas. :rofl:

The original Ford GT was built in England :o

Actually, having mentioned that; Would you buy something from England?

Afterall, England is America's closest friend. [Although English People don't like America]

sony makes ****ty tvs now... but not other companies, samsung is really good for tvs, and i hav a 6 year old RCN tv that works perfectly fine till this day.

By the way, Philips is a foreign company. In specific, it is British. I want to know about American companies.

586124624[/snapback]

isnt philips a dutch company ?

sony makes ****ty tvs now... but not other companies, samsung is really good for tvs, and i hav a 6 year old RCN tv that works perfectly fine till this day.

586149162[/snapback]

My Sony Plasma begs to differ.

I'm the type that would rather burn his money than give it to a foreign company so before anyone suggests something foreign, the answer is no.

586124454[/snapback]

Its a shame because you will have a hard time finding a TV that is not, at least partly, made in a foreign country. You will not find a quality product if you follow such silly requirements. Keep in mind that some of your money goes to profit the store you purchase it from (helping the US economy) regardless of the brand.

That being said, I am very happy with my Toshiba unit. Never any problems and excellent quality. Had a Phillip's TV in the past and didn't care for it. Sony makes very good TVs and displays, perhaps you had a defective unit?

Now normally i wouldnt comment on this but DAMN are you a bit toooo serious on yer im an american endevor. Im not gonna tell you that you cant be the way you are, or that its wrong but.. sweet jesus.

I buy import and im american. How does that work becaue as an american I have to freedom to buy the best product i can and not some pos that the govt issues me.

I also beleive that as americans we should be lucky that we can afford to import all these things, but let me point something out to you.

I assume if yer as die hard as you say, then you dont own a pc, because its easier to solve the magic bullet theory than to buy a PC thats made from all american parts. I also assume you walk everywhere, because gas made from oil supports terrorism.. oh wait you drive ??... well.. oh yea.. you have to get to work.. then does yer city not provide clean fuel alternative mass transit ?? And we all know that there isnt a single oil well on us soil... nope.. not a one...

:: takes a drive to corpus cristi ::

Do you eat food, ebcause a lot of our foods are imports also, make sure you read EVERY label before you pick up that apple. And no video games for you, unless you own an x-box... which im willing to bet.. isnt made in america.

What about clothes.....damn.. you must be nekkid as we speak. So im not gonna touch that one.

I also assume you dont ever call tech support or 411, because.. holy god are like 90% of them outsourced in india.

Shall i continue on this rant on how this so called endvor by some people to be 100% american and only support american products is futile ??

586146721[/snapback]

Blues?, I don't care what you do but I do care about what I do. If you want to give your money to foreign companies, go right ahead. However, I don't want to give my money to foreign companies and I'm doing something about it. If you have a problem with that, too bad. Your chances are better of convincing Ronald Reagan to be a communist than convincing me to stop caring so unless you can tell me the names of US Television manufacturers don't post in this thread.

I don't see why it has to be American made. Many brands are becoming crap as of late, like Sony. My money is on the german Grundig's or maybe even the korean(?) LG Electronics... Great products at a lesser price.

586147025[/snapback]

I didn't say it had to be American made (although that would be nice). I said that it had to be American and as far as my money is concerned that means made by a US company with an official US main office paying US taxes with US executives and US stock holders. If I can't have that, I'll join the millions of Americans that have stopped watching TV.

American Patriotica... There are better TV companies than American TV companies. Just because it's a "foreign" company doesn't mean it will be no good. If you don't want a TV from a "foreign" company then don't watch T.V. at all.&nb:rolleyes:yes: GJ Blues?, you burned him so bad I can feel the heat from where I am.

586147044[/snapback]

Section 31, if you can't help me find additional US Television manufacturers, don't bother posting.

[quote name=Hum' date='Jul 1 2005, 0:laugh:laugh: I stand corrected:

http://www.usstuff.com/televisn.htm

586147147[/snapback]

Thanks for the link. Now I know that the Ford Focus is not only made by a US company but manufactured in the:DSA. :D

I wonder if they're American - Maybe you could do me a favour and check it out... I would've thought Pioneer would be an American TV Company as well, but I had second thoughts on that one. They seem very intertwined with Japan.

However Viewsonic makes quality monitors and some good Plasma screen.

This from the back of my head: If Apples products are all designed in California, then you're in luck because their line of Plasma screens are amazing and expensive.

Edit: My mistake, those Plasma screens I was thinking about were actually monitors "/

586147353[/snapback]

I looked into View Sonic about a year ago and found out that they were a US company. I didn't recall they made televisions until someone had mentioned it.

The original Ford GT was built in En:oand :o

Actually, having mentioned that; Would you buy something from England?

Afterall, England is America's closest friend. [Although English People don't like America]

586149130[/snapback]

I want a TV made by a US Company. Being British makes it foreign, which doesn't help the trade deficit.

isnt philips a dutch company ?

586149296[/snapback]

I thought it was British. I might be mistaken through.

:laugh: ^ The foundations for what was to become one of the world's biggest electronics companies were laid in 1891 when Gerard Philips established a company in Eindhoven, the Netherlands, to 'manufacture incandescent lamps and other electrical products'.

The company initially concentrated on making carbon-filament lamps and by the turn of the century was one of the largest producers in Europe.

Royal Philips Electronics of the Netherlands is one of the world?s biggest electronics companies, as well as the largest in Europe, with 160,900 employees in over 60 countries, including the UK and USA;);)

Philips Electronics UK Ltd

The Philips Centre

Guildford Business Park

Guildford

Surrey. GU2 8XH

go for that new FREEDOM brand of tvs :p

honestly though, nothing has made me hate americans more than this thread (one american in particular). So congrats Shining Arcanine, you're responsible for a lot more people hating america (Y)

:laugh:

Edited by Hamster Man

How about if it was assembled in America although all the parts where shipped over from England or Japan? Would it make a difference?

This has been asked and answered, well, "answered" many times. My question is, what's wrong with you? GET WHATS GOOD! DUDE lol. Just because its "foreign" doesnt mean its no good (Said like 5 times already) if its all US stockholders etc etc what good does it make you? They might have benefitted, although there are about 1% in the whole USA thats like you, so it wont make a difference for like $600 TV or so you get from them. If your "Proudly American" TV dies in 5 months, would you be happy? Get whats good on the market man. Its called... the market economy, where comeptition exists and the consumer beneifts from whats good in the market. You should be a communist man trying to get everything from your country lol. I have nothing against Americans, in fact, I visit the states very often and have loads of friends there.

Anyway back on topic: Most "foreign" tv's are far more superior than American made ones (if any are there) and so are foreign cars. Talk about fuel efficiency in a Honda than a GM. lol I dont even want to talk about it.

i dont want to sound TOO offensive

but damn, im glad your generation of narrow thinkers is almost worked itself out of my nations government. no wonder my country (the US) has a lower rate of approval then CHINA to almost all other countries.

i pitty you sir, and would highly sugest you just stop watching tv.

leme guess... you live in a red state....

I've never seen a TV that said "Made in U.S"

The only american tv company that I can think of is RCA. But I think even they manufacture thier tv's in china..

However, I don't want to give my money to foreign companies and I'm doing something about it. If you have a problem with that, too bad. Your chances are better of convincing Ronald Reagan to be a communist than convincing me to stop caring so unless you can tell me the names of US Television manufacturers don't post in this thread.

586149487[/snapback]

Ronald Reagan's dead.... Leave the dead rest in peace and stop looking at the past you clod.

How does it affect your life knowing where the money goes? How does it enhance your experience watching T.V.? Be serious but I know you'll trail off saying some unrelated thing.

For the Japanese, the american companies are foreign companies. For Great Britain, U.S companies are foreign and so on. Now you give us one good reason why you shouldn't. Don't they equally deserve the money you're about to put in a product?

Sure Sony's head-office is in Tokyo but how many people around the globe work for Sony? Those kinds of companies are everywhere and you know who work for Sony in North America? Well you guessed it, Americans!. By supporting Sony, you support these americans.

Your criteria is pure nonsense. Having the freedom to buy whatever you want ("whatever" is very vague :p *staring at stoned buddy*) and say whatever you may is what being an American is about.

Buying all-american products does not make you a good american. It makes you a dum****.

Stop saying gibberish like "My tax dollars goes to blablabla I'm american I love Wisconsin Cheese" and start making sense.

Edited by rainman.

go for that new FREEDOM brand of tvs :p

honestly though, nothing has made me hate americans more than this thread (one american in particular). So congrats Shining Arcanine, you're responsible for a lot more people hating america (Y)

:laugh:

586149964[/snapback]

Hamster Man, you don't know what hatred is if you declare that you "hate" a society because an individual cares about it.

How about if it was assembled in America although all the parts where shipped over from England or Japan? Would it make a difference?

586150339[/snapback]

That doesn't help the trade deficit as the profits would be in another country.

This has been asked and answered, well, "answered" many times. My question is, what's wrong with you? GET WHATS GOOD! DUDE lol. Just because its "foreign" doesnt mean its no good (Said like 5 times already) if its all US stockholders etc etc what good does it make you? They might have benefitted, although there are about 1% in the whole USA thats like you, so it wont make a difference for like $600 TV or so you get from them. If your "Proudly American" TV dies in 5 months, would you be happy? Get whats good on the market man. Its called... the market economy, where comeptition exists and the consumer beneifts from whats good in the market. You should be a communist man trying to get everything from your country lol. I have nothing against Americans, in fact, I visit the states very often and have loads of friends there.

Anyway back on topic: Most "foreign" tv's are far more superior than American made ones (if any are there) and so are foreign cars. Talk about fuel efficiency in a Honda than a GM. lol I dont even want to talk about it.

586150385[/snapback]

I've said this 3 times. My criteria requires that the television manufacturers I consider purchasing a television from be American above everything else, including anything you consider more important. If they aren't American, I am not interested. What aspect of this do you lack the ability to understand?

i dont want to sound TOO offensive

but damn, im glad your generation of narrow thinkers is almost worked itself out of my nations government. no wonder my country (the US) has a lower rate of approval then CHINA to almost all other countries.

i pitty you sir, and would highly sugest you just stop watching tv.

leme guess... you live in a red state....

586150455[/snapback]

Please start your own thread to discuss your intolerance for other people's ideas instead of flooding my thread with it. I'd really appreciate it as I'm looking for US Television Manufacturers so I can decide which TV to buy.

By the way, I'm a New Yorker. I'm also a student.

To be honest with you, an American television is definately the wrong answer. I can see where you are coming from when you say that you would prefer an American Product; I share a similar patriism with my Country.

However, the majority of American manufacturers have been defeated by Sony. Sony is by far the greatest CRT manufacturer of all time. Quite frankly, If it's not a Sony, it's not good enough for me.

If I were you, I would buy a Sony Television, and decor the home theatre room with American furniture, or buy an American branded audio system. Think about it as having an imported beer in your American bar.

If I were forced to buy an American branded television, the only choices I can think of are JVC, and RCA. Both are disgusting brands. I'd switch to radio then.

Please start your own thread to discuss your intolerance for other people's ideas instead of flooding my thread with it. I'd really appreciate it as I'm looking for US Television Manufacturers so I can decide which TV to buy.

586150910[/snapback]

MY intolerances?

you cant be serious.

Sony tube tvs used to be made in Bridgend, Wales till last week when the factory was closed because sony felt that demand was dropping.

Also LG Philips tubes used to be made in Newport till around 2years ago.

That doesn't help the trade deficit as the profits would be in another country.
Trade Deficit? Imported products all get taxed like hell for foreign companies so as if that wasn't enough, you want to make sure they won't have your cash so you give every penny from your pocket to an american company when a portion of that would go to a foreign one. Makes sense (N)
I've said this 3 times. My criteria requires that the television manufacturers I consider purchasing a television from be American above everything else, including anything you consider more important. If they aren't American, I am not interested. What aspect of this do you lack the ability to understand?
You don't stand a chance. The benefits of going with japanese electronics outweighs anything the western world has to offer so even if you manage to find an "ALL AMERICAN" T.V., its quality will reflect the reality and maybe then you'll understand that one should consider foreign products as much as products from his own country.

You want to watch T.V. or you want to make sex to it and be like "OH yeah! You Sexy american box.. look at you, aren't you sexy you yankee doodle. Oh yeah, I love it when you yodle with that cowboy hat, yeah. You american dawg you! Flash me those lights of yours! and tune me up" :rofl:

Just because you're a student doesn't mean you're a failure as an american. No offense but your criterias is the kind of criterias that damages industries and discriminates people who should be seen as equals.

To be honest with you, an American television is definately the wrong answer.  I can see where you are coming from when you say that you would prefer an American Product; I share a similar patriism with my Country.

However, the majority of American manufacturers have been defeated by Sony.  Sony is by far the greatest CRT manufacturer of all time.  Quite frankly, If it's not a Sony, it's not good enough for me.

If I were you, I would buy a Sony Television, and decor the home theatre room with American furniture, or buy an American branded audio system.  Think about it as having an imported beer in your American bar.

If I were forced to buy an American branded television, the only choices I can think of are JVC, and RCA.  Both are disgusting brands.  I'd switch to radio then.

586151525[/snapback]

I'm not a person who must have a television in order for his life to be complete. I can live without a television so if I can't get one from a US manufacturer, I just won't buy one.

JVC is a Japanese company but RCA is a US company. I didn't know they made televisions. Thanks for telling me.

You don't stand a chance. The benefits of going with japanese electronics outweighs anything the western world has to offer so even if you manage to find an "ALL AMERICAN" T.V., its quality will reflect the reality and maybe then you'll understand that one should consider foreign products as much as products from his own country.

586154057[/snapback]

rainman, it takes true ignorance by this point to fail to realize that personal gain bears no meaning to me over the larger scope of things. It also takes true ignorance to fail to realize that it is okay for people to care about something other than themselves and that flaunting your immaturity does nothing to change a situation.

Just because you're a student doesn't mean you're a failure as an american. No offense but your criterias is the kind of criterias that damages industries and discriminates people who should be seen as equals.

586154057[/snapback]

Who said I was a failure as an American? That had to come from somewhere. Perhaps from your head as you had to have thought in order to have typed it.

As for "damaging industries," you fail to mention that your thinking also "damages industries" as by buying products from where ever and not because they're made domestically, you have "damaged" your own industry. Of course you don't care enough to do so; caring doesn't suit your agenda. Accuracy obviously doesn't either as this is a discussion about which US companies make televisions, not about people.

People, from here on out, would it be possible to only post if you can add a company to my list of US Television manufacturers:

Dell

HP

View Sonic

Zenith

RCA

I started this thread in order to expand my list, not sort through the results of people's personal problems. Thankyou.

rainman, it takes true ignorance by this point to fail to realize that personal gain bears no meaning to me over the larger scope of things. It also takes true ignorance to fail to realize that it is okay for people to care about something other than themselves and that flaunting your immaturity does nothing to change a situation.
Allow me to answer this with the following:
As for "damaging industries," you fail to mention that your thinking also "damages industries" as by buying products from where ever and not because they're made domestically, you have "damaged" your own industry. Of course you don't care enough to do so; caring doesn't suit your agenda. Accuracy obviously doesn't either as this is a discussion about which US companies make televisions, not about people.

It takes true ignorance by this point to fail to realize that a country would import products in bulk without quotas into its own country. It also takes true ignorance to fail to realize that countries have laws that will protect the companies in its nation from foreign companies by implying many sorts of taxes when products are shipped in and out.

When you buy a foreign product, a percentage of that will go to the americans. So? What's wrong? Being patriotic for no reason at all that's what you are.