Neowin's CS:S Server and Gaming Community!

--------Notice--------

Within the next few weeks, you may see changes in the server information presented.

One of the changes will include the change of the CS:S server IP address. I have no control over this IP address change, and will post the new one as soon as we switch over.

--------End Of Notice--------

Neowin Presents...

The Counterstrike: Source Server!

Quick Server Info:

Server Name: Neowin's Counterstrike: Source Server

Gamer Limit: 20 Players

Server Address: gs01.nwserver.net

The Full Skinny:

Blackice912 has, once again, graciously used private funds to provide a 20 man server for everyone to use. The address of the server is gs01.nwserver.net and should show up as Neowin's Counterstrike: Source Server. Please help us stress test this server by joining in on the fun and abusing it for a while ;)

With the inception of a Neowin server run and owned by Neowin staffers, I would like to restart the Neowin Gaming Community. Simply put, it would be a noncompetitive clan for CS: S. Much like another server I visit, we would be a collection of cool people just gaming together and having a good time. The key term is "cool people".

If you are interested in being part of this gaming community, please contact me directly or simply join the server when I'm on. Skill has no importantance, but we obviously don't want to let anyone wear a Neowin tag if they can't get along with everyone and be a generally nice person. If we get enough people, perhaps we can have community nights where only community members can join and we can have interclan matches. If we get good enough, perhaps the clan can get more competitive and square off with outside competition. However, we want to make sure we always have a good time and make the most out of the game we love to play.

Any questions about the server or community can be posted here. Please direct server issues to blackice912 and questions about the clan towards me.

Server Guidelines:

• Neowin Community Rules apply to the server.
  • Please use your Neowin name, if you have one.
  • Respect all other players, friend and foe alike
  • Excessive "hacks!" or similar cries will not be tolerated.
  • Report abuse to blackice912 if no admin is on. Include player name and time.
  • Please keep teams balanced and fair. If one team is dominating, a top player should switch teams with an opposing player to help level the field.
  • No one is to wear the nw| tag unless officially inducted into the clan
  • Remember to thank blackice912 for his kindness and remember his say is final.
  • ...more to come

Server Admins:

• blackice912 (owner)
  • bangbang023

Current Clan Members:

• bangbang023 (leader)
  • blackice912 (leader)
  • Marshalus
  • Liquid
  • Fog Dogg
  • Noc (Synthetic Darkness)
  • Forum
  • stncttr908

Only members listed above should wear nw tag

Im joining now

Hey so what exactly is tickrate? How many kbits/sec is that or what does it mean. Another thing is that you should really look into banning the auto snipe (no flames plz just my opionon).

Edited by jus1haz2

Im joining now

Hey so what exactly is tickrate? How many kbits/sec is that or what does it mean. Another thing is that you should really look into banning the auto snipe (no flames plz just my opionon).

586130765[/snapback]

I hate any banning of weapons. Sorry, but every weapon has a proper counter. Tickrate relates to the amount of updates sent out to the client. The higher the number, the better the hit detection and such. The default is 33, though blackice912 may bump it up once things are settled.

If I ever get the game returned I'll join in on it but currently I'm waiting for it to come back in stock, got the game cheap since I had an old walmart shopping card but it was missing a disc.

then this thread is of no use to you, unless you buy HL2. sorry.

586130902[/snapback]

Thanks - I told you I was a noo:pinch:h:

I'm an online gaming noob too. I recently started playing Enemy Territory and it's so much fun.

I have HL2 and wouldn't mind trying this out.

Is CS:S as much fun as Enemy Territory?

I'm an online gaming noob too. I recently started playing Enemy Territory and it's so much fun.

I have HL2 and wouldn't mind trying this out.

Is CS:S as much fun as Enemy Territory?

586130918[/snapback]

When played properly (meaning as a team), CS is one of the best online gaming experiences. Give it a shot and see what you think.

Ive been a big fan oc CS since 1.3 and man its was awesome then and its still awesome now, best FPS imo. well i play BF2 now too cauase its fun and I pwn with the helicopters. lol

I would like to get in on this...by non-competitive you mean just gaming? no scrims, leagues, etc...? I probably can't be that serious into it.

By non competitive, I mean that there are no official matches where we face other teams and either win or lose. However, I will be very skeptical about accepting people onto the team. After work today, I plan on organizing myself a bit. You will have to play a few times with me before I accept you for the simple fact that many people will join and disappear after two days otherwise. There are meant to be no hard feelings, but I want to go about this seriously. If you want, add me to XFire ( bangbang023 ) and wait for me to play and then join in.

Will you guys still being playing say at 10 eastern time or so tonight. I would be interested in playing again with you guys tongiht and get this thing started.