Neowin's CS:S Server and Gaming Community!

Ok guys BangBang just updated the server, So In a few people can start joining in again! Ill be in the server waiting :)

restarting it now and then ill go in. Sorry guys, I wanted to clear our any possible memory clutter from the update.

Does anyone play on the server during the noon until 1pm est time? I know 4-6 people that are willing to play during that hour.

Is the server setup to put some bots on incase there are no or little actual players on it?

Does anyone play on the server during the noon until 1pm est time?  I know 4-6 people that are willing to play during that hour.

Is the server setup to put some bots on incase there are no or little actual players on it?

586185262[/snapback]

Right now there are no bots, but it's something I will discuss with blackice912. It's his server, so he has to have final say in EVERYTHING.

As for that time of day, any day I'm not working, I'm usually around on xfire.

I bought HL2 today BTW - I'll join later when I get used to the game.

I asked some questions about it on the first page of this thread.

This game is rough coming from AA (I can see why bangbang had trouble with AA). Really wish I could use the same dot style aimpoint though, hard to use this one. Either way, had some fun today, even though I was spectating a lot lol

This game is rough coming from AA (I can see why bangbang had trouble with AA).  Really wish I could use the same dot style aimpoint though, hard to use this one.  Either way, had some fun today, even though I was spectating a lot lol

586189291[/snapback]

Finally, someone who understands one of the many reasons I was bad at AA lol. It takes time, that's all man. Plus, I'm trying my best to keep the server a friendly place for vet and noob alike.

hey man, there are some commands that can make the server top notch.

1st, check on how to make it a 100 tick rate server. that way it will respong much better.

2nd, there are some physic commands that will take the bounce back from objects off. making it so barrels are no longer a nuesance.

thats all i see is missing. maybe a mugging mod so people try to knife more often :D

Finally, someone who understands one of the many reasons I was bad at AA lol. It takes time, that's all man. Plus, I'm trying my best to keep the server a friendly place for vet and noob alike.

586189295[/snapback]

Yeah, the server was nice, had a good mix of players though at the end we were just getting a little ganged up on. I'll try to catch ya guys on again, either later tonight or tomorrow.

hey man, there are some commands that can make the server top notch.

1st, check on how to make it a 100 tick rate server. that way it will respong much better.

2nd, there are some physic commands that will take the bounce back from objects off. making it so barrels are no longer a nuesance.

thats all i see is missing. maybe a mugging mod so people try to knife more often :D

586189312[/snapback]

We already have the tickrate set to 66 (mani reports it was 65). I'll talkit over with blackice912, but we obviously have to worry if the server can handle 100.

As for the physics commands, I really want to try to keep the server as vanilla as possible in terms of gameplay.

I played last night with a ping of 130 odd... and It was fine personaly. I dunno what it was like for people playing with me... ay bangbang?

my latency is about 250ms to the neowin server its like that with all us servers (im in australia) kinda sucky id like to play against u guy sumtime lol