Google Earth Launches For Free

Google Earth

The program lets you do smooth sailing flybyes of the entire Earth. You can easily fly to any spot on the globe, by entering any associated data, like street addresses, place names or lat/long coordinates. There are overlays that put additional information on the map, like roads, international boundaries, terrain, 3D buildings, crime statistics, schools, stadiums, any number of interesting stuff.

You can do Local searches in the program, with icons on the map and a display on the side showing your results. You can leave notes, called ?placemarks? all over the map, so you can remember where all sorts of places are. Searches and placemarks can be saved as bookmarks in ?My Places?. Everything can be output in an XML format called KML, that will allow the vast popularity of Google Maps to continue in Earth. You can also email a JPEG of the map, or send a KMZ file if you know the recipient has Earth installed.

Google Earth Plus gives higher resolution images, GPS support, and more sophisticated annotation (like drawing on the map).  Source

More Images

roadsFromHigh.jpg

3dBuildingsClose.gif

tiltView.jpg

I'll try it :D Altough I think it will run slow on my PC  :blush:

What are the Google Earth Plus and Pro ?

586132348[/snapback]

google plus you get to see inside peoples houses.

Google Earth - Free!

From exotic locales like Maui and Paris to local restaurants and schools, Google Earth puts a planet's worth of Earth imagery and other geographic information right on your desktop.

Google Earth is free for personal use. No registration is required. You may (optionally) choose to upgrade to Google Earth Plus.

Google Earth Plus - $20

Explore, search and discover using Google Earth Plus. Plug in your GPS device to see your trek. Import a spreadsheet of houses on the market. Draw 3D objects and print clear shots of a beach you are travelling to.

Learn more about Google Earth Plus

Google Earth Pro - $400

The ultimate research, presentation, and collaboration tool for location information. If you are using Google Earth for business purposes, you need Google Earth Pro. See for yourself how a variety of industries leverage Google Earth Pro.

Image from Google Earth

bahamas.jpg

What are the Google Earth Plus and Pro ?

586132348[/snapback]

Google Earth Plus - $20

Explore, search and discover using Google Earth Plus. Plug in your GPS device to see your trek. Import a spreadsheet of houses on the market. Draw 3D objects and print clear shots of a beach you are travelling to.

Learn More

Google Earth Pro - $400

The ultimate research, presentation, and collaboration tool for location information. If you are using Google Earth for business purposes, you need Google Earth Pro. See for yourself how a variety of industries leverage Google Earth Pro.

Learn More

edit: damn, pTony beat me to it :laugh:

Wow, cool stuff. :) Thanks for the info.

BTW, what's the size of the .exe file?

586132435[/snapback]

10.0 MB (10,563,584 bytes)

And this is the best mapping application i've used!

Edited by Hypoxiaicon

Whats the file size of this thing? It doesn't report a filesize during download, seems to go on forever.

Edit: Ah thanks Hypox.

Whats the file size of this thing? It doesn't report a filesize during download, seems to go on forever.

586132474[/snapback]

10.0 MB (10,563,584 bytes)

I have picked out and tagged my house, my grandmothers house in italy and one of my auntys house in italy. Need to find the rest. This is soooooo much better then NASA's one. Google is taking over the world and I don't care!