[New Car] Hypoxiaicon

Bigger alloys mean more accurate streering (since you're having less tire between you and the road) but of course they need more engine power to get them moving. 17" alloys on a 1.2lt engine (I don't wanna imagine the horsepower of that!) would give you a hard time.

15" could work out. Oh, and don't forget to lower it a tad (you'll be amazed!).

586134084[/snapback]

Errr.......No. Please do not listen to this.

the only problem you will have is fitting the 17" Alloys under those arches, may require some rolling - not that expensive but not necessary if you dont need big alloys.

16" will look fine. try some Dare V2s or some TSW Reflex or Venoms...looks nice on most cars. simple :)

Heh well - lets first ask your budget...

btw a personal reg? bit of a waste of spare ?? if you ask me - use that to get some ICE and put towards the alloys!

the only problem you will have is fitting the 17" Alloys under those arches, may require some rolling - not that expensive but not necessary if you dont need big alloys.

16" will look fine. try some Dare V2s or some TSW Reflex or Venoms...looks nice on most cars. simple :)

586134221[/snapback]

Links?

Im a car n00b :woot:

Heh well - lets first ask your budget...

btw a personal reg? bit of a waste of spare ?? if you ask me - use that to get some ICE and put towards the alloys!

586134235[/snapback]

Nothing too fancy for imsurance purposes ... ?400 ish

586134221[/snapback]

Whatever.

16" will look fine
looks nice on most cars.

You seem to be focusing on how things look, rather than what effect they have on performance. Big rims are usually not a problem because people who buy them have cars with enough power.

Bottom line, why would I even care, there are forums dedicated to tuning. Hypoxiaicon could ask there or better yet, a real life car engineer. He's got a 1.2lt 60bhp car. IMO, 17" rims would effectively kill what's left of that. 16" would be a tough decision. His best bet is to ask someone who 'knows' his car.

A quick link, although google will find lots more: read here.

I had one of those - wrote it off. The car won loads of EU safety awards, and I'm here to tell you it deserves them - damned Fiat saved my sorry ass!

Nice car and a good starting point to moving up to some nice meaty hatchback action!

More fun driving then sat in front of my pc all day anyway... :)

My car has 60BHP ...

586134126[/snapback]

60bhp :blink:

never understood why euro cars have so little hp... i no gas costs more (altho i just paid 2.30 a gallon to fill my tank up :angry: )

screw the wheels..go for a turbo! :woot:

never understood why euro cars have so little hp... i no gas costs more (altho i just paid 2.30 a gallon to fill my tank up :angry: )

586137383[/snapback]

Hmm its a 720KG car with 60BHP.

Its not fast but why would I need a fast car with like 2 months driving experience?

Its fast enough for me 0-62 in 13.x Seconds Plenty fast enough for keeping up with traffic.

Im NOT a not a boy racer at all, I just fancy some alloys.

I think maybe 15 inch alloys would be fine as the car is only small. I only have a Halfords store around me and they seem to cater for Boy Racers... Not sure if they have the answers for me?

Thanks for link NW, I will be looking around for some experienced guys about some alloy wheels and what they susggest and recommend... Im in no rush :)

forgot to add this to my last comment line:

most people dont understand that when you add weight to any part of your car, esp the wheels, you NEED TO UPGRADE YOUR BREAKS...if you dont, your cars ability to slow itself down will be restricted as your car was designed to only stop X amount of weight, so take that into consideration esp with a car that is a light as yours

i wasnt bashing on your car before its a nice ride, im just used to in the states here that 150 hp is v.small for sports car like that *cough* tiberon */cough*

i think thats how you spell that name

Punto 1.2 (my old one - X reg) was nippy. OK so It didn't cruise at 120 but hapilly at 110. And getting there was quick too. Nice pull-away, etc.

im just used to in the states here that 150 hp is v.small for sports car like that *cough* tiberon */cough*

586137494[/snapback]

Tiberon is a V6, and has a good deal more size than this Fiat here. I'd say 150 is pretty good considering it's size, especially compared to the likes of a stock Neon, Civic, or Focus. Tiberon is a different class, and in my opinion, isn't a good comparison.

But what's with putting the steering wheel on the wrong side?!?!? :D

586137383[/snapback]

Theres a few reasons.. firstly it costs us about ?3.45 a gallon or $6.20 going by the current exchange rates.. so you aint got nothing on us for fuel costs.

Secondly we don't see the point in having enormous horse power engines, especially when the fastest you can possibly go anywhere in this country is 70MPH - thats the upper speed limit.

Thirdly - our car insurance costs are unbelievable. For someone who just passed their driving test in this country at say the age of 18, to insure a car with something like a 1 litre 60HP engine will still cost like $1,800 a year - and thats only for third party fire and theft cover.. so that means if you have an accident, you gotta pay for the repairs on your own car yourself - only the other people involved will get a pay out from your insurer.

Lastly - cars cost a LOT more here. For example, you guys can buy something like a Nissan 350Z for about $28,000.. the same car over here (exactly the same) would cost about $45,000..

So to sum up.. fuel costs a lot more (nearly 3x as much), insurance costs more, and cars just cost more.

Yes, i'm bitter.. i'm bitter because I love cars, and I can't afford to own the sort of car i'd like to simply because of this bull$hit rip off country.

Tiberon is a V6, and has a good deal more size than this Fiat here. I'd say 150 is pretty good considering it's size, especially compared to the likes of a stock Neon, Civic, or Focus. Tiberon is a different class, and in my opinion, isn't a good comparison.

But what's with putting the steering wheel on the wrong side?!?!?  :D

586137527[/snapback]

*snaps his fingers, o no you didnt*

you drive on the wrong side

can that thing go on highways?

j/k

nice car.  You can't get those here in Canada.  closes thing to it is a Focus.

586141852[/snapback]

Yep, it will cruise at 70 MPH at 3000 RPM no problem and get 54MPG while doing it :happy:

Lol @ all the Americans in the thread who have never seen a Fiat or British number plate befor:p:p

586133818[/snapback]

i seen them, and drove the;);)

Please don't take the advice and get TSW Venoms. Those things are so 1995 or thereabouts! They are the oldest and most overused rims ever!

But yeah, congrats on the new whip! Get it lowered, you know you want to ;)

Yeah venoms have been done to death.

Stick with the correct nationality for the car.. so hunt out some Speedline alloy wheels. They are expensive but superb quality and italian.. :)

Yeah venoms have been done to death.

Stick with the correct nationality for the car.. so hunt out some Speedline alloy wheels. They are expensive but superb quality and italian.. :)

586147381[/snapback]

Thanks, Ill be on the look out for some 15'' Speedlines (Y)

Ive had a quick look and yeh they seem nice, Im not looking for any hugely high prolile 'LOOK AT ME' alloys, just some nice understated alloys. I think 15 inches is fine too, I dont need no bigger :)

My first prioty is a alarm system and then then the alloys, hopefully before xmas this year :) heh stuff the pc the upgrade :)

15" alloys + lowering = win. I walk past one everytime I go to work and it looks great, much better than these over the top car with 17" chromes and 12 spoilers on the boot.

• 2 weeks later...
Theres a few reasons.. firstly it costs us about ?3.45 a gallon or $6.20 going by the current exchange rates.. so you aint got nothing on us for fuel costs.

Secondly we don't see the point in having enormous horse power engines, especially when the fastest you can possibly go anywhere in this country is 70MPH - thats the upper speed limit.

Thirdly - our car insurance costs are unbelievable. For someone who just passed their driving test in this country at say the age of 18, to insure a car with something like a 1 litre 60HP engine will still cost like $1,800 a year - and thats only for third party fire and theft cover.. so that means if you have an accident, you gotta pay for the repairs on your own car yourself - only the other people involved will get a pay out from your insurer.

Lastly - cars cost a LOT more here. For example, you guys can buy something like a Nissan 350Z for about $28,000.. the same car over here (exactly the same) would cost about $45,000..

So to sum up.. fuel costs a lot more (nearly 3x as much), insurance costs more, and cars just cost more.

Yes, i'm bitter.. i'm bitter because I love cars, and I can't afford to own the sort of car i'd like to simply because of this bull$hit rip off country.

586137573[/snapback]

That was the best rant ever. And it was all true.

Apart from the 70MPH thing. Legally yes.....but if you drive at 70 on some of the motorways around Brighton you're classed as a liability for driving so slowly.