[New Car] Hypoxiaicon

Thread resurection from a way back isn't it. ;) Looks nice though I must admit, hope you got your exhaust sorted out pretty promptly.

Thread resurection from a way back isn't it. ;) Looks nice though I must admit, hope you got your exhaust sorted out pretty promptly.

It is sorted :)

You debadge it yourself? If so were there any holes left which had to be filled in/painted?

You can de-badge the entire car except the badge on the bonnet, that leaves a recess and needs a plate welding on and then smoothing. This is the MK2 Punto though. Not sure on the MK1, MK2b or Grande Punto.

That's an odd looking car :o

Why?

You can de-badge the entire car except the badge on the bonnet, that leaves a recess and needs a plate welding on and then smoothing. This is the MK2 Punto though. Not sure on the MK1, MK2b or Grande Punto.

Why?

because hes american.....

I was about to post that too storm but ssshhhh. We're not allowed to get into anymore american vs. european debates because our cars differ too much and we don't understand each others taste in vehicle.

edit: there was an amazing amount of typo's in there.

• 3 weeks later...

Don't know if you want my opinion, probably not as you're happy with it, but personally i'd have gone for a better car in the first place, rather than 'trying' to tart one up.

I say 'trying' because i personally don't like what you've done, it screams chav-boy-racer.

Could get a 2001 Audi A3 for around ?5,000. It will have more mileage but i'd trust an Audi more than a Fiat if you were worried about age and reliablility.

Again, just what i'd have done, but you're happy so fair enough.

:))

Don't know if you want my opinion, probably not as you're happy with it, but personally i'd have gone for a better car in the first place, rather than 'trying' to tart one up.

I say 'trying' because i personally don't like what you've done, it screams chav-boy-racer.

Could get a 2001 Audi A3 for around ?5,000. It will have more mileage but i'd trust an Audi more than a Fiat if you were worried about age and reliablility.

Again, just what i'd have done, but you're happy so fair enough.

:))

Try and get insured on a 2001 Audi A3 at the age of 19:))

The basic 2001 X Reg 1.6 3d is a group 9 insurance and they cost around 5-6K. Good luck on insurance under ?2k if you could even get any.

Also, A3's are crap apart from the 1.8T 180 brake and even there nothing special.

Not really sure if your air intake mods actually acheive anything.

There doesn't seem to be any real cold airflow into the filter, and the metal pipe neatly bending down towards the cylinder head can't be helping that much.

What route did the original intake follow?

Not really sure if your air intake mods actually acheive anything.

There doesn't seem to be any real cold airflow into the filter, and the metal pipe neatly bending down towards the cylinder head can't be helping that much.

What route did the original intake follow?

Cold air from the 3 slits in the standard bumper provides a nice amount of cool air.

Cylinder head is problem with any kit on the Punto 8v due to the posistion of the throttle body.