Xbox 2 in 2006

Xbox 2?, the second system from Microsoft, has been the subject of many debates and its going to become the subject of many more as Steve Ballmer, CEO of Microsoft, recently told the Nihon Keizai Shimbun that the company would build their second system in 2006. While Ballmer didn?t go into much detail, he did state that the new system would be unveiled to the world around the time of the next World Cup tournament. Ballmer added that the new system would feature improved Internet features as consoles become similar to ?Net-capable digital home appliances.?

http://www.planetxbox.com/

Originally posted by aaron901

sony's ps3 is gonna come out on 2005 rite?

hmm.... microsoft's gonna lose again... :cheeky:

not really, logic speaks that now MS is starting to establish itself in the console market , uptil 2005, it would fully, then there is no problem in it coming in 2005 or 2006, plus XBox will release Xbox enhanced. Tivo+Xbox= Hybrid Xbox in 2003 end

Originally posted by KnifeFace

"Home Station" was it is "Xbox 2", or was it just a rumour?

seems homestation was just a rumour, Xbox 2 will be slimmer and S controll will be standard by the looks of it, has anyone seen the dell PC with the slim tower? it will have that kind of look, by 2005 we might see 4.5 Ghz so the Xbox 2 will most likely be around the 3 Ghz mark, wireless internet will be possible

Originally posted by neo1980

seems homestation was just a rumour, Xbox 2 will be slimmer and S controll will be standard by the looks of it, has anyone seen the dell PC with the slim tower? it will have that kind of look, by 2005 we might see 4.5 Ghz so the Xbox 2 will most likely be around the 3 Ghz mark, wireless internet will be possible

I love the way you seem to know this "information". It cracks me up, it really does :D

hey people write about something that is worth talking bout!! 4 years from now is ages, what is the point in talking about something that everyone knows will change like 50 times before it actually comes out. this information is boring it probably wont even be called the xbox in 2006!! :right: :sleeping:

You all who are describing the next XBOX or whatever the next Microsoft console is going to be are full of crap. Like they would show the media (remember when we first saw XBOX? It took forever, and no one's guesses were correct) let alone you.

Originally posted by neo1980

not really, logic speaks that now MS is starting to establish itself in the console market , uptil 2005, it would fully, then there is no problem in it coming in 2005 or 2006, plus XBox will release Xbox enhanced. Tivo+Xbox= Hybrid Xbox in 2003 end

what logic? failing sales overseas, horrible product design, lackluster game support, and unsuccessful marketing all don't seem to be pointing in the direction of the xbox.

lemme put it this way:

I work at Babbage's. The past 3 weekends i've worked, we've sold probably 15-20 PS2's, 5-10 GameCubes, and Xbox's...

Logical conclusions now? :p

Originally posted by timdorr

what logic? failing sales overseas, horrible product design, lackluster game support, and unsuccessful marketing all don't seem to be pointing in the direction of the xbox.

lemme put it this way:

I work at Babbage's. The past 3 weekends i've worked, we've sold probably 15-20 PS2's, 5-10 GameCubes, and Xbox's...

Logical conclusions now? :p

unsuccessful marketing and lackluster game support? :paranoid:

Guys, guys, news just in. Sony have been having secret talks discussing the playstation 3. It will be coming out in 2005, it will have 2gb memory, 512mb graphics card, Blu-ray DVD, 7Ghz processor and will have over 200 games in the first 3 weeks. w00t!

shuddup dude i bet it wont be 7ghz and i bet ure lying out ure a hole or whoeva u heard this from i hate wanks like u just wait till it comes out and see what it has then ey?? sounds like the best way to be sure what it actually will have inside!! :angry:

Originally posted by -outcast-

unsuccessful marketing and lackluster game support? :paranoid:

yes, xbox's advertising isn't catching on. just cause they throw more ads at you doesn't mean it works...

and the game support is HORRIBLE on the xbox. besides Halo and a few other select titles, there is very little that xbox has going for itself in order to attract consumers to it over other consoles.

lol yes I think its called sarcasm, dazzlas very good at it when he feels strongly on an issue from what ive observed.

And hey people are allowed to speculate and dream. Its not hurting anyone, last time I checked speculation wasnt a weapon so if you have a problem with people speculating just cruise on in to the next thread.

Originally posted by offroadaaron

shuddup dude i bet it wont be 7ghz and i bet ure lying out ure a hole or whoeva u heard this from i hate wanks like u just wait till it comes out and see what it has then ey?? sounds like the best way to be sure what it actually will have inside!! :angry:

Uhh, a) it's called sarcasm (spot on Osiris ;) ) and b) one of the rules at the top of this very page is

"No Racism, No Threatening, No (citing) Victimization (via PM) or Hateful posts"

So calling a mod a "######" (did you miss the "er"?) isn't a good idea.

Originally posted by Dazzla

So calling a mod a "######" (did you miss the "er"?) isn't a good idea.

ROTFL!!!

Thanks Dazzla I didn't fully read his post and I missed that part! Damn, I'm still laughing... :D

usually makers of video game consoles dont talk about their next or future consoles until the the current one is becoming outdated or not selling..... errrr wait, nevermind....

Originally posted by Dazzla

Guys, guys, news just in. Sony have been having secret talks discussing the playstation 3. It will be coming out in 2005, it will have 2gb memory, 512mb graphics card, Blu-ray DVD, 7Ghz processor and will have over 200 games in the first 3 weeks. w00t!

Who is this guy?

I serious doubt that the PS2 will have 2Gb of memory....and, even I seriously seriously seriously doubt it will have 200 games in the first 3 weeks.....and I am not even going to comment on the speed of the processor.

Don't make up information just to be part of the discussion...

Originally posted by robinmthomas

Who is this guy?

I serious doubt that the PS2 will have 2Gb of memory....and, even I seriously seriously seriously doubt it will have 200 games in the first 3 weeks.....and I am not even going to comment on the speed of the processor.

Hopefully you're not being serious :D, he was joking (which is sometimes referred to as humor).

Originally posted by robinmthomas

Who is this guy?

Haha, don't listen to Dazzla...I work for BS, and I can tell you that the X-Box 2 will have these new media types known as "cartridges". Basically like a portable hard drive, with the game on it! And no more memory cards, because you can read and write directly to the game!

He is right about the memory though, but in the wrong place. It's gonna have 2gb of VIDEO MEMORY. Yep. And given the current rate of processor growth and our desire to lose money on every console we make, it should have a 8 ghz processor in it, which is about 8ghz faster than we need to run all of the 200 crappy games that will be out in the first week.

Threetonesun:

Do you realize it says "The red mediums in 2002" under you username? :p

Originally posted by threetonesun

Haha, don't listen to Dazzla...I work for BS, and I can tell you that the X-Box 2 will have these new media types known as "cartridges". Basically like a portable hard drive, with the game on it! And no more memory cards, because you can read and write directly to the game!

He is right about the memory though, but in the wrong place. It's gonna have 2gb of VIDEO MEMORY. Yep. And given the current rate of processor growth and our desire to lose money on every console we make, it should have a 8 ghz processor in it, which is about 8ghz faster than we need to run all of the 200 crappy games that will be out in the first week.

Haha, you must be getting it from a different source from me ;)

And robinmthomas, read what correllium says, he obviously understands english humour :cheeky:

And for the people who still don't get it...

I WAS JOKING!