[olympics] London will host 2012 games

YAY

Shame Paris...GUess all us brits have given u now is mad cow and a Olympic Games to come!!! LOL *In reference to Chiracs comments bout us brits!!*

It's probably not available so they can get all the new content up; unlike the Paris 2012 site which will soon be gone forever!

London2012 official site link is dead :) :) :)

It's starts badly to make Olympic Games....

586170811[/snapback]

i think it just shows how popular it is actually. a good point... :)

London2012 official site link is dead smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif

It's starts badly to make Olympic Games....

And you're happy about that? Dude, you need to seriously calm the **** down and/or leave.

So what if the site is down. Did you happen to notice it is London 2012? So they have, oh...SEVEN years to restore it!

I think we got it because they saw the potential. As much as France was almost ready to host it (stadia, etc), it presents a challenge for London to get things in order, and that ties in with the Olympic spirit.

Also, the way that Live8 was organised from London was a great achievement, better than most million dollar concerts.

Tony Blair is a ****ingman. he looks like as elephant......... :laugh:

586170855[/snapback]

"The Olympic commitee has decided that Paris will host the 2012 Olympics, on account of Tony Blair looking like an elephant." --- Chairman of the Olympic Games

I think it's a business decision It's simple.

Tony Blair is a ****ingman. he looks like as elephant......... :laugh:

586170855[/snapback]

seriously, quit your trolling. i will report your posts from now on. enough of the insults and offtopic nonsense.

At 12:30pm, 16 mins before the final decision was made, the New York 2012 Website had this message posted...

NYC2012 would like to congratulate Paris on its selection as the Host City for the 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games. It has been a great race and an honour to compete with London, Madrid, Moscow and Paris.

We would like to say a special thank you to New Yorkers and all of our supporters around the world for their steadfast support.

At that point I was thinking NYC clearly know something we don't know! :p

It's been changed now!

Zoom7000

Exactly, bet he [Chirac] feels foolish now

586170671[/snapback]

Of course not! He's French; if a Frenchman admitted to making a mistake, the world would implode!

Edit: Just got a message from a friend saying "Cost of Olympic Stadium: 3bn. Cost of new transport infrastructure: 8bn. Cost of Olympic Village: 4bn. Look on Chirac's face: priceless" :D

Way to go UK!! I'm glad!!

I'm extra glad because of the dumbass comments Chirac made while he was on the microphone (unknowingly) about the UK.

"The Olympic commitee has decided that Paris will host the 2012 Olympics, on account of Tony Blair looking like an elephant." --- Chairman of the Olympic Games

586170867[/snapback]

Teh Funny is weak with this one..

Edit: Just got a message from a friend saying "Cost of Olympic Stadium: 3bn. Cost of new transport infrastructure: 8bn. Cost of Olympic Village: 4bn. Look on Chirac's face: priceless"  :D

586170906[/snapback]

That's why I can never truely love the Olympics. If you look back at Greece I'm pretty sure they lost money on their Olympics. Either way when you have to build that much to support it, you sure hope you have a lot of revenue from tourists and other sources to back that up while building.