HDTV

Our 15yr old TV has gone today, we cant get any picture from it. So we are looking for a High Definition TV, me and my family know very little about TV's. My dad thinks HDTV's are only in America at the moment, but im sure they are in the UK :huh: anyway, can anyone recommend one, we are looking to spend between ?750-1000.

Cheers

From what I've heard, HDTVs are really scarce and expensive in the UK.

but good luck anyway! I don't even have an HDTV yet :cry:

586178170[/snapback]

ok cheers, could anyone recommend me any? links to some maybe

Try Dixons I saw some instore today they were showing high quality XBOX360 trailers! Amazing quality! I dont think they are cheap though! The biggest one they had was for ?7999 but I didnt check the smaller ones prices out.

Try Dixons I saw some instore today they were showing high quality XBOX360 trailers!  Amazing quality! I dont think they are cheap though!  The biggest one they had was for ?7999 but I didnt check the smaller ones prices out.

586178363[/snapback]

?800:o:o

hmm yeah im interested to know prices of them in the UK aswell.. was just gonna make a thread but then saw this. I've been looking into getting a new tv, preparing for the 360.. my price range is simlar, anything upto a grand. Hmm and screen size 40inches+ i guess im kinda dreaming really :(

Samsung LE40R51BX Flat Panel TV 40'' ?1,749.97 :crazy::

Rear Projection seems to be cheaper, but thats for non HD ones

eg

Sony KP44PX3U Projection TV 44'' ?823.59

Edited by estranged

hmm yeah im interested to know prices of them in the UK aswell.. was just gonna make a thread but then saw this. I've been looking into getting a new tv, preparing for the 360.. my price range is simlar, anything upto a grand. Hmm and screen size 40inches+ i guess im kinda dreaming really :(

Samsung LE40R51BX Flat Panel TV 40'' ?1,749.97 :crazy::

Rear Projection seems to be cheaper, but thats for non HD ones

eg

Sony KP44PX3U Projection TV 44'' ?823.59

586188887[/snapback]

That Samsung is one of the best LCD's I've ever seen, period.

There are a few HDTV's avalable in the UK via LCD and Plasma screens. http://www.avforums.com are a good center for info on TV's and stuff AV releated in the UK

There isnt anything HD scource wise avalable though, no broadcasts on sky or via cable. So might be worth while getting something to last till HD is more readaly avalabe.

How is the UK's HD Service? I know Canada and US have some great HD Channels but does Europe? Consider that first. If you get an HDTV and have nothing to use on it then? Low quality cable! Yay! Seriously, normal cable looks hideous on HDTV's.

How is the UK's HD Service?? I know Canada and US have some great HD Channels but does Europe?? Consider that first.? If you get an HDTV and have nothing to use on it then?? Low quality cable! Yay!? Seriously, normal cable looks hideous on HDTV's.

586189563[/snapback]

There isnt one, Sky are expected to be the first to launch HDTV next year sometime. Rumors of trials at the end of the year but nothing yet.

The rest are epected to start to launch 6-12 months after that.

BBC say they are looking at launching there HDTV broadcasts 2007/8

the best price i have seen for HDTV in the UK was a panasonic viera, 43", and it was ?2500, but the quality was stunning like all top end panasonic stuff.