MAC is gettin pretty bad

ok dont know if this is true or what but i read this over at

http://www.wininformant.com/Articles/Index...ArticleID=25671

Windows "Switchers" Were Solicited, Paid

It turns out that Apple's latest ad campaign, in which former Windows users explain why they moved to the Mac, is less than honest. Contrary to comments made by CEO Steve Jobs last week, Apple solicited the ex-Windows users featured in the ads--the users didn't approach the company first. Furthermore, the participants were paid to be in the ads and will receive royalties each time their ad airs. I don't think any of this would be noteworthy if Jobs hadn't implied that the users approached Apple instead of the other way around.

sounds pretty fishy and Desperate Measures r being made over a the MAC HG lol:sleeping:

Originally posted by grand mufti

It turns out that Apple's latest ad campaign, in which former Windows users explain why they moved to the Mac, is less than honest. Contrary to comments made by CEO Steve Jobs last week, Apple solicited the ex-Windows users featured in the ads--the users didn't approach the company first. Furthermore, the participants were paid to be in the ads and will receive royalties each time their ad airs. I don't think any of this would be noteworthy if Jobs hadn't implied that the users approached Apple instead of the other way around.

sounds pretty fishy and Desperate Measures r being made over a the MAC HG lol:sleeping:

If Job's said they approched the Company and it's been proven otherwise, perhaps a consumer group should go after Apple for false advertising...

*chuckle*

Ya, right. This type of thing happens everyday.

Was an intresting read though, thanks for brining it up grand mufti.

After using both systems in tandem for years I can say that apple computers adds are correct becuase you never get the blue screen of death....cause that only comes in an x86 machine. Instead you get a locked desktop that you have no idea what the problm is cause there is no error with it, just the misfortune of having to Hard boot and if that doesn't work you have to pull the plug from the wall.

I've seen the ads on TV (yes, I do things other than hang out at Neowin all day)...and honestly, the people all seem like idiots. I think the ads hurt the Mac user image more than help Apple sales.

I'd really like to talk to one of those 'X-PC actors' and see what they are really like and what this is really about.

Originally posted by deadzombie

I've seen the ads on TV (yes, I do things other than hang out at Neowin all day)...and honestly, the people all seem like idiots. I think the ads hurt the Mac user image more than help Apple sales.

I'd really like to talk to one of those 'X-PC actors' and see what they are really like and what this is really about.

haha i thought the whole add campaign was stupid.

should just say...

mac even a retard can use it ;)

Yeah... i wouldn't belive those people. They might use macs, but i'm sure they use windows alot more - and probably didn't completely crossover.

I just find them annoying and they kind of get me angry for some weird insane reason. lol :evil: :p

i find it hard to beleave that apple would even use this way to get window users. but to pay window users to say stuff like that seems Desperate like i said in my first post.

Originally posted by twist

if apple wants to give me a brand new dual proccessor mac with a dvdburner, 1gb+ ram, 200gb+ hd space, 21" lcd monitor...

hell i'll make em an add.

me2:D

Originally posted by grand mufti

I hate to have to stop you mid rant but apple has never denied the fact that they solicited people. For the past month on the apple website they have announced that they are looking for people that have switched from the pc to the mac to email their stories in. The idea that Steve Jobs denied it is bull****. As for them getting paid what's wrong with them getting compensation taking time out of their lives to be on the telly? I don't think any of you would for free anymore than extras on a tv programme would.

Silly windows users and their paranoia

Really too bad there not looking for people who have switched from macintosh to x86... I would guess there are a lot more they could ask us what we miss. My answer would be, "Well as a gamer I dont have to wait for the port of the game and then the updates in between that keep me from playing on windows servers the whole time."

Furthermore, the participants were paid to be in the ads and will receive royalties each time their ad airs

So frigin what? pple do require paying u know for some things like using there faces n stuff for ads... talk to actors they will know all about this