Zen Micro on Linux

I've spent a good part of the last 4 hours of my life trying to get my Creative Zen MIcro to work with Linux. After downloading several libraries from the deep and dark corners of the web, compiling them, having to download more libraries and compiling them, then finally compiling both kZenExplorer and gnomad2, I can't even get either of those programs to start! No error message of any kind, no logs, no nothing. Just won't start. In KDE, the little thing bounces around the cursor for about a minute and it shows a window in the taskbar with an hourglass, but neither of those 2 programs ever open. Frusturating! (In Gnome, they don't even start loading as far as I can tell...)

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Wow, thanks. I'll give that package a try.

Edit: Didn't work :(

I'm getting this error:

gnomad2
gnomad2: error while loading shared libraries: libnjb.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

So I reinstalled libnjb, first from source and then from the package listed on that forum post. Still same error. Any more ideas?

Edit2: I'm thinking that he libnjb is DEFINATELY the culprit because then I trying building kZenExplorer, it also gives an error pointing to that library. I've installed that library every possible way.

Edit3 (lol): I tried uninstalling the many installations of some form or another of libnjb and then reinstalling via the one mentioned in the post on the Ubuntu forums, but I still get the same error.

Edited by B4L1STA

Okay, I figured it out (finally).

Error: libnjb.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Explanation: llibnjb.so.5 is installed in /usr/local/lib However, the system will only seach /usr/lib.

Solution: Create symbolic links to make the libraries appear in the old folder

ln -s /usr/local/lib/libnjb.so.5 /usr/lib/libnjb.so.5

Okay, I figured it out (finally).

Error: libnjb.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Explanation: llibnjb.so.5 is installed in /usr/local/lib However, the system will only seach /usr/lib.

Solution: Create symbolic links to make the libraries appear in the old folder

ln -s /usr/local/lib/libnjb.so.5 /usr/lib/libnjb.so.5

586191266[/snapback]

When you compiled libnjb, you can specify a prefix:

./configure --prefix=/usr

make

sudo make install

another option is to add /usr/local/lib to /etc/ld.so.conf and then rebuild the cache.

sudo sh -c "echo /usr/local/lib >> /etc/ld.so.conf"

sudo ldconfig