DCOM keeps failing

I keep getting this error apper in event viewer every 2mins.

Any idea how to fix it? It say thats DCOM service failed to start and in services, it says it is running :s

heres some informations

DCOM got error "The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it. " attempting to start the service StiSvc with arguments "" in order to run the server:

{A1F4E726-8CF1-11D1-BF92-0060081ED811}

Product: Windows Operating System

ID: 10005

Source: DCOM

Version: 5.0

Component: System Event Log

Symbolic Name: EVENT_RPCSS_START_SERVICE_FAILURE

Message: DCOM got error "%%%1" attempting to start the service %2 with arguments "%3" in order to run the server:

%4

http://eventid.net/display.asp?eventid=100...ce=DCOM&phase=1

have you been playing around with disabling services??

"Error: "The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it. " attempting to start the service StiSvc with arguments" - This error occurred after I disabled the Windows Image Acquisition service and then I started Paint Shop Pro. Restarting the Windows Image Acquisition service corrected this problem."

"Error: "The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it. " attempting to start the service ImapiService with arguments "-Service" - The event occurred after disabling "IMAPI CD-Burning com Service" on Windows XP. Re-enable the service to avoid the error."

"In windows 2000, you can get this error if you disable the WinMgmt service and you try to run computer management. This will also cause computer management not to run. To fix, enable the service."

"In my case, the "System Event Notification" service was disabled. I enabled it and that fixed the problem."

So i is this service........Windows Image Acquisition

But why is it tryiong to start, when i do not have a scanner or camera of any form attached or installed to the pc :s

• 3 years later...