[Nasa] return to flight: live coverage

It's also on Sky News Active (Ch 501) and BBCi (Ch 507) in the UK on digital satelitte. (Y)

On BBC News 24, press red to get the selection screen.

However, there is a better fullscreen feed on Sky News Active now.

On Sky News (Ch 501) press the red button. Select "Sky News Active". Scroll right to the NASA feed, press Select. When you see the feed, press 0 (zero) to get fullscreen, however you get that really really annoying ticker taking up one 5th of the screen Grrrrrrr.

Can you get rid of that annoying ticker?

Yes you can :)

When on fullscreen, press 7, and scroll left once until you see the word "off" highlighted in red. Press Select. This will get rid of the ticker :)

Enjoy the fullscreen high quality feed from NASA tv (Y)

I'm at Cape Canaveral right now anxiously awaiting the launch. As I look out the window in my office I see nice blue skies. Hopefully they will stay and we'll have an on-time launch.

Go Discovery!!

its okay that they postponed it.

if that ensure (or make the flight safer) that the columbia disaster will never occur again.

as JediXAngel said:

"Better safe than sorry"

Next Launch Attempt No Earlier Than Saturday

13 July 2005, 5:10 p.m. EDT

CAPE CANAVERAL, Fla. ? The next launch attempt to launch space shuttle Discovery will be no earlier than 2:40 p.m. EDT on Saturday, July 16th ? at best case.

At a post-scrub press conference, NASA mission managers described today?s low fuel sensor problem in the shuttle?s liquid hydrogen tank as an ?unexplained anomaly?, intermittent in nature. The sensor, one of four in the external tank, showed indications of being stuck in the ?wet? position ? meaning that it would not have properly relayed information if the tank?s liquid hydrogen supply was nearing depletion.

The launch team is now draining the huge external tank of its propellant load of 526,000 gallons of liquid hydrogen and liquid oxygen and will watch how the sensors react as the tank is drained. Mission managers will meet tomorrow and hope to have some understanding of the problem by Thursday evening.

NASA launch director Mike Leinbach conceded that if technicians are required to enter the External Tank to troubleshoot the problem, he would prefer that the vehicle be rolled back into the Vehicle Assembly Building (VAB). He called such a procedure ?invasive? and acknowledged that it has never been attempted at the launch pad. A rollback to the VAB would seriously impact NASA?s attempt to get Discovery into orbit before this month?s launch window closes on July 31st.

The seven Discovery astronauts will remain at the Kennedy Space Center for the time being ? that status could change if the launch attempt slips beyond Saturday.