Neowin Metal Club

guys The new Opeth album is leaked and so Is the new disturbed album....

Im not encouraging anything but.. Opeth is kicking my ass right now!!!

586299810[/snapback]

The new Opeth is mind blowing!!!

I went to GIGANTOUR yesterday and I was really disappointed. Dream Theater was pretty good for the first two songs, the rest of their set seemd to drag on. Megadeth was ok, I could barely hear Dave's voice or his solos. I felt kinda bad for Fear Factory, they weren't really getting a whole lot from the crowd. I looked around and it looked like no one knew their songs but me and my friend.

I went to GIGANTOUR yesterday and I was really disappointed.  Dream Theater was pretty good for the first two songs, the rest of their set seemd to drag on.  Megadeth was ok, I could barely hear Dave's voice or his solos.  I felt kinda bad for Fear Factory, they weren't really getting a whole lot from the crowd.  I looked around and it looked like no one knew their songs but me and my friend.

586300992[/snapback]

I was really surprised that it didn't sell better here in Phoenix. The place was the most empty I've seen it. I was pretty disappointed, too. Fear Factory got a good reception here in Phoenix.

Did you check out any second stage bands?

The new Opeth is mind blowing!!!

586300148[/snapback]

yeh, ive been listening t it for like 3 days now, its so new. like the sound, its diffrent and more complex but still that amazing opeth sound.

Whitesnake is really good live nowadays, they give one heck of a show!

586293289[/snapback]

Yeah, they do! Coverdale sure has one of the greatest voices in the history of rock/metal! Quite funny, I watched them last fall, and standing at the first row, I started thinking "What the ****, is it singback?", cause he was singing a song with really high pitches but still didn't move his mouth particularly much, but it turns it out it was all his Botox :D :D

I heard of Lynch Mob last week.

586293297[/snapback]

George Lynch is one heck of a good guitar player and singer, you should listen to the Wicked Sensation-album, it's awesome! As I remember, he plays simultaneously in Lynch Mob and Dokken, both classic 80's bands!

Sorry about that. I indeed missed your point and took your words in a different context.

You don't often see that on public forums. Blatently a very cool guy :)

I don't know much Opeth, but I watched a track on the dvd of the new england metal + hardcore festival 2003, and they seemed really doomey and suprisingly slow? Is that what the rest of their music is like? I'd hate to not check a band out further based on a misconception.

you seem to like trash metal, have you heard testament or annihilator, there some of my favorite thrash metal bands.

586295356[/snapback]

Thanks, will try to listen to them, any specific records? Although I love trash/m like old Metallica and Slayer, there's nothing like going in your car on a sunny day listening to Panama or Why Can't This Be Love or any other cheesy Van Halen-song, it just does it for me :D

I was really surprised that it didn't sell better here in Phoenix. The place was the most empty I've seen it. I was pretty disappointed, too. Fear Factory got a good reception here in Phoenix.

Did you check out any second stage bands?

586301385[/snapback]

Yeah I did, and I didn't really like any of the ones I saw, I didn't know who any of them were.

Malbojia, you were right about Onmyouza, I stated the wrong band. I meant to say Mono, now they are ambient Metal.

...and you MUST get the Live albums.

at least:

A Real Live One

Live At Donnington '92

They are soooooo great.  :yes:

586291433[/snapback]

I have boots of 1988 and 1992 Donington. Was at both, Maiden rocked the place both times.

586299810[/snapback]

Is the new Disturbed CD any good?

Metal bands, eh?

I like to think I listen to a wide range of metal, although I'm more a fan of Melodeath and Metalcore. Anyone checked out Enforsaken? They're a pretty awesome melodic death metal band (their guitarists are awesome).

586299810[/snapback]

I've 'acquired' the new Opeth album. As per usual, Opeth never ceases to amaze. They're so dynamic with their music. (Y)

since this is a metal-thread is hardcore and metalcore ok??? since i and seena a glimmer from anyone of either

586288498[/snapback]

i would definitely be interested in hardcore & metalcore discussion as well, but maybe in a different thread. what does the creator of this thread think? they are both pretty viable forms of metal.

i'm talking bands like; 7 angels 7 plagues, a life once lost, as i lay dying, between the buried and me, 100 demons, a jealousy issue, adamantium, champion, arson, bane, bleed the sky, botch, converge, etc. (this list could go on for a long time.)

My list of metal

From the old school: Sabbath, Priest, Maiden, Metallica, Megadeth...

More current: Type O Negative, Crowbar, Opeth, Lacuna Coil, Pantera, Down, Damageplan, BLS, Fear Factory, Life of Agony, Disturbed, Chimaira.

The new Crowbar is f'n brutal.

i would definitely be interested in hardcore & metalcore discussion as well, but maybe in a different thread. what does the creator of this thread think? they are both pretty viable forms of metal.

i'm talking bands like; 7 angels 7 plagues, a life once lost, as i lay dying, between the buried and me, 100 demons, a jealousy issue, adamantium, champion, arson, bane, bleed the sky, botch, converge, etc. (this list could go on for a long time.)

586304422[/snapback]

i dont really mind, just dont start arguing over whats better, people have there tastes and everyones diffrent, thats what makes the thread intresting.

as for jdb264c by testament, try "the new order" album. and annihilator anything really, but i like king of the kill, alice in hell, awakening the fury, carnival diablos.

Albums I look forward to:

Korn.

This will be really interesting to hear. The guys are starting the tour in just couple of days, so it shows that the moron didn't do much damage to the band's integrity. And judging by everything posted on Jon's blog, this will be an interesting album, because know they simply cannot risk having a bad album. Aaaarggh, man, I can't wait. The album is scheduled for an October release, with a single coming out in August, and Terry Date is mixing it.

Soulfly.

Yeah, I think this is the only album that was done by the same Soulfly (the same line-up from Prophecy). I also want to hear it because Eyesburn will be featured this time again (listen to Moses on Prophecy), only this time it will be only the singer, Kojot, and judging from that, this will be a straight up metal song, no reggae.

These two hold the top positions. Others include SOAD, Tool, even Staind. Limp Bizkit suck so much when it comes to descent information about what the hell is going on with them, I won't put them on the list.

Albums I look forward to:

Korn.

This will be really interesting to hear. The guys are starting the tour in just couple of days, so it shows that the moron didn't do much damage to the band's integrity. And judging by everything posted on Jon's blog, this will be an interesting album, because know they simply cannot risk having a bad album. Aaaarggh, man, I can't wait. The album is scheduled for an October release, with a single coming out in August, and Terry Date is mixing it.

Soulfly.

Yeah, I think this is the only album that was done by the same Soulfly (the same line-up from Prophecy). I also want to hear it because Eyesburn will be featured this time again (listen to Moses on Prophecy), only this time it will be only the singer, Kojot, and judging from that, this will be a straight up metal song, no reggae.

These two hold the top positions. Others include SOAD, Tool, even Staind. Limp Bizkit suck so much when it comes to descent information about what the hell is going on with them, I won't put them on the list.

586306355[/snapback]

Korn arent metal :x

As I Lay Dying - Shadows Are Security album is one killer metalcore album. Fav song is " The Truth of My Perception "

Korn arent metal :x

As I Lay Dying - Shadows Are Security album is one killer metalcore album. Fav song is " The Truth of My Perception "

586306763[/snapback]

korns nu metal, which is a form of metal.

korns nu metal, which is a form of metal.

586311850[/snapback]

You got to be kidding right? nu-metal is not even metal.. if you think that then ure going to think linkin park are metal yeah? :laugh:

As a whole it is not metal. And it certainly isn't pure metal.

Edited by orange_boy

You got to be kidding right? nu-metal is not even metal.. if you think that then ure going to think linkin park are metal yeah? :laugh:

586312002[/snapback]

linkin park Suck

I mean... Play with Jay Z? Come on.... :laugh:

586312002[/snapback]

nu metal is just about as metal as metalcore. accept it and stop arguing or leave.