Bungee Jumping!

I went bungee jumping a few years ago for the first time while backpacking in Australia and it was a blast.

Was expecting to be really nervous as I was up there waiting in the queue to jump but only really felt it as I was on the edge when the guy said jump. Then my coolness almost went and I felt like running home to mommy. I somehow jumped straight away, definatly the best way to do it, don't give yourself time to chicken out. :D

But just go for it and enjoy it, safety really isn't anything to worry about at a good centre, I still have the pics from mine and it's fun to look back at them now. :)

woohoo! i'm still alive! it was awesome!!

i can barely walk right now though, a 5 mile walk through mountains and a pretty rough river (which we had to cross a half dozen times each way, at depths above waist high) and then all in 90+ degree heat, and then the 5 mile hike back. i've never been in so much pain in my life though.

jumping was awesome, especially in this scenery. copying pics to my pc right now...will post a few later.

Damn, sounds like the trip there was just as challenging as willing yourself over the edge. Sounds pretty great. Looking forward to some pics.

here are some pics!

BBP-seriously....i would rather jump again than do that hike...i pretty much collapsed in the parking lot, my legs barely able to support my body...and the thing is, i'm not a couch potato. i'm not in the best shape of my life either...but damn, i did not think it would be that hard.

post-4080-1121621633_thumb.jpg

post-4080-1121621847_thumb.jpg

ah, you did the waist harness... next time try the ankles.

586230360[/snapback]

if it was your first, they wouldn't let you do ankles. actually, they only let you do a forward or backwards dive, with a waist harness, if it's your first jump.

• 11 months later...

dang, thread revival. i think the bridge is about 150 feet high. it's about 40 miles east of LA, in azusa.

that was pretty much THE thought going through my mind. i still remember it to this day. that and "oh my god i'm gonna die".