Pro Logic II Setup Question

Brewzzin

So I got my hands on a cheap Pro Logic II setup. I was wondering if anyone knew if I would get better sound results when watching a DVD in 5.1 or 2.1, since the Pro Logic is designed to split the stereo signal. Didn't know if 5.1 would still sound funny because its not actually taking the 5.1 channels.

quick

Not quite sure what you have there....

I would imagine if this reciever you have supports PLII wouldn't it by default have support for dolby 5.1?

What is you actually have there, do you have 5 speakers? Is it audio reciever or sound card?

If it really only supports PLII then 5.1 would on be received as 2 channel stereo, so to avoid any channel loss use 2.1 sound.

Edited by quick
Doli

give it a try and then you decide. Doesnt sound that bad/good depends on your ear hard to say. Great if you have a Gamecube but sometimes im too lazy to set it up :p

Music sometimes sounds good in pro logic

hunginator

pro logic is only for sounds that are not encoded in 5.1, it is basically simulating 5.1. so basically if you have a old movie that is 2.1, it'll try to make it sound like 5.1. so either way, pro logic sucks compared to dolby digital 5.1 or DTS.

Brewzzin

:p I know its nothing compared to Dolby Digital or DTS, but I got the whole thing for really cheap and I figured it was better than just the speakers in my TV. I guess I'll just have to try for myself.

• 2 weeks later...
Meshuggah

as far as i knew, pro logic II supported up to 7.1 speaker setup....im sure that receiver supports Dolby digital...maybe not dts, but probably, which receiver u got?

notuptome2004

Fourin what setup do you have is this a Receiver or just speaker system and what receaver and f it supports PL2 then it will have DD 5..1 and DTS support Now i should say tho if this sia cheapy 5.1 surround sound system like umm anything from walmart then it wont support DLP2 at all or any other it justa direct simulated 5.1 exsperiance through analog connection