YPK Logo Needed

Question

Since I have exhausted all of my creative nature, I have decided to turn to Neowin for help with an important logo project. This logo will serve as the main branding tool for a new group in the organization process called Young Professionals of Knoxville. I have drawn a rough sketch of what I would like. The figure to the left is called a sunsphere and I have also attached 2 photos of it for reference. I would like it vectored and beside the font. I would like examples posted and if I decide to go with any submitted here, I will ask for a PSD file for future use by YPK. If anyones work is chosen from here, YPK will use you for future work and will pay monetarily. Here are the details of the request:

YPK Font: A thick, square font is preferred.

Young Professionals of Knoxville Font: Something small yet matching the overall theme.

Sunsphere Colors: As pictured emphasizing the yellows, oranges and grays.

YPK Font Color: FF9900

Young Professionals of Knoxville Font Color: Grays or blacks.

** Feel free to use your imagination and I look forward to submissions as they will be greatly appreciated **

Sketch Example:

DSCN1374.JPG

Sunsphere Examples:

knoxville12.jpg

SunSphere.JPG

World's biggest disco ball...

I use Gimp, which doesn't do PSDs...it uses XCF, which is essentially the same thing, but compressed. So is this a Photoshopper's Only project?

World's biggest disco ball...

I use Gimp, which doesn't do PSDs...it uses XCF, which is essentially the same thing, but compressed.  So is this a Photoshopper's Only project?

586224677[/snapback]

If I accept your logo, I'll need it in something that I can manipulate and add to the website, etc. Gimp files will be fine since I can download Gimp for free and edit them. Thanks.

Hi San Diego,

I?m working on it, I?ll have something to show you this afternoon.

586227452[/snapback]

Thanks n00dle. Can't wait.

Hows this?

586227689[/snapback]

This is looking pretty close to what I'm seeking. A few comments on it:

* YPK looks airbrushed and should look more crisp/vectored

* Young Professionals of Knoxville doesn't have a comma after Young

* The sunsphere look good but I'd like it all in the picture or at least some kind of base for it. I'd also like it to be a little cleaner as well.

Thanks for the submission and keep them coming.

This is looking pretty close to what I'm seeking. A few comments on it:

* YPK looks airbrushed and should look more crisp/vectored

* Young Professionals of Knoxville doesn't have a comma after Young

* The sunsphere look good but I'd like it all in the picture or at least some kind of base for it. I'd also like it to be a little cleaner as well.

Thanks for the submission and keep them coming.

586227845[/snapback]

I can fix all those except for the sunsphere one :(. The reason why I had it fading out was because It was too hard to get the base.

post-57577-1121619349.png

Couple different flavors I whipped up.

YPK.png

-nyd

586228285[/snapback]

These are really good. The only issues I have and this should have been something I stated earlier, is the heighth of the YPK and sunsphere. Perhaps if the sphere and YPK were shortened it would look a lot better IMO. However, I really like the one in the upper right corner. Nice work.

Just tried out what you specifically asked, I might try something different later on...

Tell me if you need anything changed.

586228347[/snapback]

As usual, you've out done yourself here. This is pretty much the look we're going for. It's nice and short and not too flashy yet not too plain either. The only thing I would change would be the font of the YPK. Other than that, very nice. What other idea did you have? I'm very anxious to see.

Thanks to all thus far. These are looking great!

IMO - The logo designs with the non photo tower looks and go the best with the overall logo. I'm not going to try, I'm way too tired.

Good luck though.

IMO - The logo designs with the non photo tower looks and go the best with the overall logo.  I'm not going to try, I'm way too tired.

Good luck though.

586231565[/snapback]

So you're saying without the tower they look better? The reason we want the tower is because it's a very recognizable symbol in and around Knoxville.

Few different attempts. Duno why, but I'm having a difficult time with this one. Probably due to lack of sleep, and stress from work. Stress is the #1 killer of creativity :(

YPK2.png

-nyd

Few different attempts. Duno why, but I'm having a difficult time with this one. Probably due to lack of sleep, and stress from work. Stress is the #1 killer of creativity  :(

YPK2.png

-nyd

586232844[/snapback]

Agreed on the stress topic. But wow, that is a good different approach. The only thing is that is appears to be only a large disco ball. Perhaps if you add more detail to the sunsphere such as the base pictured in the examples above, it'd appear more like it and would probably be very appealing. I think leaving the sunburst behind it off would make it look better too. Thanks!

Something different again, one with and one without reflections.

I'm just about bone dry, if you're still in need, i'll try again in a few days with a fresh mind.

YPK3.png

-nyd

I'm liking what I see thus far. I'm going to be making a decision sometime later this week. For now, feel free to keep posting.

So you're saying without the tower they look better? The reason we want the tower is because it's a very recognizable symbol in and around Knoxville.

586231865[/snapback]

Sounded to me like he meant, the logos with the vector-ish/cartoon-ish version of the tower looked better than the logo's with the photo of the tower.

Sounded to me like he meant, the logos with the vector-ish/cartoon-ish version of the tower looked better than the logo's with the photo of the tower.

586235602[/snapback]

I would agree. Vector sunsphere is better.

Anymore ideas?

*awaits noodle's new idea*

Props n00dle, good job mate. I was totally out of it on this one, I'm kind of ashamed at the quality of work I was spouting off. school sucked my creative reserves dry, need to pick it up.

Only crit i could offer would be the same Diego mentioned before, it doesn't really resemble the "sunsphere", but an ordinary sphere. You could try adding some of the infastructure, or even taking the verticle lines around the orb, to try and resemble it a little closer to the "Sunsphere". Even though I like it the way it is in its simplistic shape, it is just that; a shape, not nessesarily a recgonisable landmark.

-nyd

We still have not decided which submission we'll go with so if anyone has any other offers, pleas submit them. We will decide sometime next week.